Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine removal planning

Don - per Gene, of course you are welcome to use my hoist.

It's not a 3 or 4 person job to pull a motor this size (I've pulled and installed many, much bigger, all by my lonesome), so I think if you have 2 or 3 people there, you'll have it out in less than 30 minutes - tops. I'm burning the candle at both ends and the middle, but could accompany Gene just to keep him company and help haul the hoist. Would be worth it to see your progress at the very least.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

OK Don, consider yourself "penciled in" on my calendar. Of course, Roger is always welcome to come along with me and greatly appreciated. Please remind me as we approach that day, to bring hoist and stand.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Sounds great guys.... (thanks Roger) I don't think there's room in my garage for more than 4 or so around the front of the car anyway. My son will also be there, and I have full confidence it will come out with Gene's mentoring, but on the other hand Roger if you have time to head over and make an appearance, I'll have fun showing off what I've done so far and probably have a list of 50 questions I'll be hitting you and Gene with while you're looking at the car, so that would be great, but if you can't make it, I completely understand. Gene...I'll ding you in a week or so and again before that Saturday. I'm really looking forward to this..
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

And...the heart of the Falcon is out....huge thanks to Gene for your mentorship and assistance and the stand, and thanks to Roger for the mentorship by phone and use of the hoist...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Looks like I missed out on some fun. Having plenty of my own here though. Sorry I missed it, but glad I was able to help, albeit by phone.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Anyone know a source for new 040 oversize pistons for the 144?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Crap how did I miss this thread?? Guess I've been swamped lately. Glad it all went well.
    Gene you didn't offer to pick me up? just kidding, sorry I missed it.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

No problem Steve...are you planning to head over this way any time in the next few weeks? I'll have some stuff for you.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Glad to have helped Don, and thanks to your son, also. By the way, Don had the engine almost totally ready to lift. Don and Jason pulled the Z-bar after I arrived, we hooked up (with Roger's fone assistance), and lifted. Voila!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

No I'm pretty well land locked over here. Adding another 1500sqft to my business and the work is overflowing right now. Working 14hr days 6 days a week. So the one day I get off right now I pretty much sleep.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Whoa...no wonder you're feeling old! Working hard expanding and making (and spending) the bucks will do it..
    No problem, I'll take to a local guy then. I won't have time to get there before xmas. If anyone is going over however....let me know.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    No I'm pretty well land locked over here. Adding another 1500sqft to my business and the work is overflowing right now. Working 14hr days 6 days a week. So the one day I get off right now I pretty much sleep.
    Post some pictures of your expansion! I think we are all excited to see what's happening over there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"