Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: weird noise or vibration

If you haven't already, double check tire roundness and balance before you dig too deep into rear-end. Coulda changed somehow (ply separation or sumpin')..

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

weird noise or vibration

If you have been following this post you know that it started with a noise or vibration. I fixed everything I could think of except the kitchen sink.
    I fixed the pinion angle, replaced the leaf springs, installed new Cal-Trac traction bars, had a new driveshaft made, (3 times to get that correct), bought a new tire (thought it might be out of round), and other less obvious items.
    After all that, I decided it had to be in the new rear end. It is all brand new, but it was all that was left. I bought it from Quick Performance which supplies a whole lot of car racers. I got a new 9" Ford Housing. New Nodular third member case, Nodular case, posi-trac and everything is made for higher horsepower since I am going to drag race the car.
    After I pulled the third member, I could see that the wear on the ring and pinion gears was not good. Also could see some very small metal flakes.
    Called QP and sent them pictures. Brydon from QP in Iowa sent fed ex the next day, picked it up, and they now have it checking it out.
    Hopefully they let me know what was wrong with it. But I am very happy with their immediate response to help.
    Really weird and hope a new setup fixes this. More to come. Hopefully all good news this time. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

What a saga Larry ! Glad they are standing behind there products and taking care of it. Keep us posted

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Yea, what a saga Larry. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree