Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rack and Pinion Project

Power Rack and Pinion Project

It begins. I recieved the pump today. It's a KRC pump and bracket combo from Speedway Motors.

The pump doesn't quite line up with the crank and water pump pulleys. I either need to space it further out to line up with the outer groove or trim the spacers to move it to the inner groove and relocate my alternator to the outer groove.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Heidt Front ends

Hey Pat
    What do you think of heidt front ends thinking about switching to rack and pinion w/ power steering, and adding a t5 tranny. Got my new seat the other day. I really need some advice here. I have decided to work on the mechanics and do the paint later
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I'm not a big fan of the Mustang II setups for a couple of reasons.

1) It forces you to raise the engine a bit and move it forward to clear the crossmember. This might cause issues with your pinion angle and create radiator clearance issues.

2) The stock frame rails on a Falcon are really just made from sheet metal. They were designed to operate as a system with the rest of the unibody.

That said, if I were converting a Falcon to a M2 setup, I would go with the R&C kit. I would also add some DOM tubing from the front of the frame rails to the firewall to triangulate the system for more strength.
    Patrick Brown

R and C setup?

Im lost.lol Where do I find information on that? Does the t5 idea sound okay? Thanks for your help

Here is the website for R&C.

http://www.rcmotorsports.net/

Look over at TFFN and you'll find a lot of people that have installed this in there Falcon with good success.

The T5 is a great idea. Get the front shift option for the Falcon. Look at www.moderndrivelines.com for that. They have a T5 where they swap out the tailshaft with one from a Chevy S10. That places the shifter in the close to the stock location.
    Patrick Brown

TY for the advice

Thanks for the advice. Will look at tffn also. Looks like Ill have my hands full. lol

I just placed my order for an RRS power rack and pinion kit. It ships from Australia. It will take about 20 days for delivery. I can't wait to get it installed.

http://www.rrs-online.com/rack&pinionproducts.php
    Patrick Brown

Sorry butting in here.. ***Hi-jack warning***

I'm soon to be in the process of a T-5 swap.. Shows up Wednesday.. I'll let you know how it goes...

**** Back to your regulary scheduled topic******

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Nathan --

Why'd you go and do that for?

Back on topic...

Patrick, what front end do you have in there now? What are going to be doing with it?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"