Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Power Rack and Pinion Project

Back on the road

I finished up the little details. This included the column wiring, drilling the horn ring to clear the shaft, installing the drivers seat, and installing the carpet. I still have the gap at the wheel to deal with.

I took the car for a short drive. It is very different. It drives in a straight line with no wandering. I took it to Golden Gardens park to test the turning radius. It seems just fine. I can even get out of my own driveway much easier.

I'll be taking it for an alignment on Tuesday.

I'll be at the Ford Picnic next weekend if anyone wants to see it.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

So what did you have to do to close up the gap in the steering wheel to column? And what keeps you from pulling the wheel off as you indicated earlier? FWIW, the 67-72 F100 use the same column, but have two bearing sets, upper and lower and there is a clamp at the base you can adjust the placement to determine how far the shaft protrudes up top. So, what's now down low considering the "box" used to attach to the column? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"