Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floor pans - Rust

Once the steel is back in there be sure to properly protect it. You'll need catalyzed (aka 2K) epoxy primer inside and under. Then coat the entire under site with 3M Body Schutz.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...Vs6EVs6E666666--
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Gas line... good point. I'll drop that first thing. The brake line will be easy since I plan on renewing all the lines and brake hoses when I upgrade to dual M/C. I see the front Parking Brake cable is also encroaching in the work area. I have a new one of those too.

Kenny and I went over to help Jeff with his car today. Here are a few photos of the progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

What is the caption contest

Jeff, Hijacking your thread a little to have some fun. Funniest caption to this photo will get a really cool prize!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

How about: "I didn't know the dipstick was in THERE!"

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Now THAT'S thinkin' with yer dipstick!

Oh...I think that's taken...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

floor pans - rust

I can think of quite a few but since this is a family oriented Forum I will go with " Ok, Ok, I'll cut it one more time, but if it's still to short we'll use it like it is!"

Caption:

"These replacement floor pans looked bigger in the catalog. That's the last time I order anything that ships out of Hong Kong!"

Anywho, here are the pictures from this week.
    • Passenger floor prepped and weld-through primer applied.
    • Home made mini-toe-board (1996 Vintage Ford Aerostar sheet metal... kind of like kidneys, best to keep them in the family)
    • Passenger side welded in... mostly. I ran out of gas before finishing the hump.
    • Drivers side nearly prepped.
    Word of caution: We are all aware that it is bad to weld on galvanized metal. Everything I have read and heard up to this week was really stressing the that it is very important to grind off he galvanizing before welding. Leaving the coating on when heating causes gas that is bad for the weld and bad for the human applying the weld.

I was very careful to grind every last bit of zinc coating off before putting stick to metal.

After vomiting for three hours straight that night I did some more research. Apparently the GRINDING of galvanized metal also causes "Zinc Shakes" aka "Metal Fume Fever".
    I'm sure you all knew that. Unfortunately I learned it the hard way. That was two days ago and I'm feeling about 90% up to snuff now. I guessed the grinding dust wasn't good stuff to breath, but figured the exposure would be minimal doing it for only 30 minutes, outside with both doors open. Maybe I'm just fragile. At this point, I'm not in a rush to get back at it.

I know I'm opening myself up to a deserving nickname, but if my embarrassment keeps someone else from getting sick, let the flames start.

Hey F.J.,

Nice work! Sorry to hear you got sick though. That's a bummer. Wish I could find a fragment of free time to come out and lend a hand, but I'm booked up solid for at least two more weeks. But you're making really good progress.

Oh, and I think so far you're the winning caption.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"