Back again with more questions. I decided to throw all new tie rods on my 61 since they looked like they needed it. Did a lot of research and the part numbers that seem to pop up are ES317R for inner and ES317L for outer. I got the tie rods put on pretty quick and took it into the shop to get an alignment done. They call me and say it looks like one of the tie rod ends is defective. Seemed kind of strange but I figure it can happen, so I take the car back home. I get a new part and swap out the one they say is bad. Take it back in and they say it still won't align and that another tie rod might be bad. I tell them to keep it and find the right part. They contact me a few days later and now say the adjusting sleeve is stripped out and they will order a new one. The next time they call, they say that the new sleeve didn't work and they have ordered all new tie rods from a restoration shop! So now I'm really confused. I searched the internet high and low and the part numbers that always come up are ES317R and ES317L no matter the brand. I can't seem to find anything else but those. Did the 1960-1961 have some kind of unique tie rod ends or are they just doing something wrong at the shop?

Let me know of any advice or info....something doesn't seem right on this.

thanks,
Andrew