Thread: Heidt Front End

Heidt Front End

Hey Guys
    My free time is approaching and my wifes kitchen is done.
    What do you think of heidt front ends? Im thinking about switching to rack and pinion w/ power steering, and adding a t5 tranny. Got my new seat the other day. I really need some advice here. I have decided to work on the mechanics first, and do the paint later
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Heidt front end

I bought the Heidts front suspension set up and welded everthing thing in. I installed the powering steering parts. I cut out the shock towers, make new plates to cover those areas. Can't give you much of a recommendation on operation yet since I haven't driven the car yet. Only heard good things from those who have installed the system. It was easy to install. Very good quality parts. Good directions for installation. Larry

I've been selling the Heidts kits for a few years....i actually dumped 2 other companies and just deal with them now

this is completely unbiased as i do not sell to the USA very often!

i've sold about 10 of the 'falcon' kits....no one has shot at me ...yet
    everyone seems quite pleased with them
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

Lookin complicated to me

Are there any suprises I should look for? Ys yhis a pretty simple switch just the welding or do I need some geometry lessons?lol

the kit comes with some basic instructions...but its pretty simple...more or less
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

Heidt front end

There were a couple of surprises. As someone mentioned in another forum note here. I had to raise the engine a little bit, but that was caused a lot by having a rear sump oil pan. A couple of the parts views are incorrect as far as where spacers and washers go. Other than that there is a lot of cutting and welding. Very well engineered system. Larry

Thanks guys

Thanks for the info guys Im really scared now....lol looks like a job for the pros . It sounded like a good idea. Maybe just a disc brake conversion.

Heidt front end

Don't get the wrong idea. You definitely do not have to be a expert to put this system in. I sure as heck am not an expert. It is a job that can be done by anyone with mechanical abilities.

Just be sure you measure the stock axle location before you take the car apart to that you can place the new crossmember accuratly. When do you plan to do this? It could be a fun club project. I have a nice MIG welder that I can bring.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Wow thanks guys

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.I After the holidays I will really start planning what Im going to do with my car. maybe these guys will have some sales...

I just have to remember one thing at a time....lol

Thanks again

I've been comparing prices from several vendors and Speedway Motors has the cheapest prices. They carry Heidt's and their own brand (witch is made by Heidts). Their cost for a cross member kit for a 65' Mustang (which I think is the same as the Falcon) is only 300.00. Their web site is speedwaymotors.com Then click on their street rod page.

Oh, and they also have the cheapest price on the front suspension kits too.

The Falcon kit is different. The Falcon frame rails are closer together by about 1" than the Mustang.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI