Thread: What's happening???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's happening???

Just wondering what some of you are doing to your Falcons in your free time to get ready for the summer season of Falcon fun. I'm getting ready to put in new front coil springs and switching over to the dual master cylinder for better stopping performance. So what are you doing?????
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm doing body and paint work.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I'm glad you are going with the dual master cylinder upgrade. That is one less speech I will have to give. My Falcon is ready to roll. It was at the Golden Garden meeting and hopefully will keep going strong this season. I think about everything has broken on it in the last few years so most of the mechanical stuff is new. Last spring it was the wheel cylinder/brake failure thing, the year before that was a broken leaf spring with a long lead time on the special convertible front of spring hardware. See you soon, Jeff

I need to get my focus back on rebuilding my cylinder head. I took a break for a couple of months to put together a `69 CL350 I bought off craigslist. It was totally torn apart when I got it. Here's some photos of the finished project:

http://www.redfalken.com/forum/cl3501.jpg

http://www.redfalken.com/forum/cl3502.jpg

Rode it to work yesterday but blew the fuse twice so I've got to figure out what's going on there. I wanted something to ride to work this summer because I'll pull the Falcon engine to clean it, paint, install the head and also paint the engine bay and clean up the tunnel.

I also need to find out if I blew a fuse to my heater fan. It hasn't worked for over a week now and that's no fun on these cold, moist mornings...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

What's happening part 2

I was hoping for more than just 3 responses but its a start. I was trying to get a little chit chat going back and fourth between members to start building some anticipation to get people fired up for the upcoming car season. I would like to have a fun summer working on and showing off my (work in progress) Falcon. Do the Rainier Falcons have a weekly place to meet and show off there cars?? I know that starting real soon the Maple Valley Street Rats put on a car show every friday night in Covington at the Covington Fred Meyer, most Friday nights more than 25 cars show up. Any body and everbody is welcome except 4x4's and any thing newer than 1974(I think). Maybe the Rainier Falcons would like to make it a regular thing (not required) to meet at the Covington car show the last Friday of each month. Just an idea
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Of the 110 people subscribed to the forum, I'm not sure how many people regularly check in on new messages. I try to log on and check for new posts at least once a day.

We don't have a weekly meeting place. I think most of the members who regularly come to the summer car shows and meetings have too much going on with kids, spouse, work, life, etc. to show up somewhere every week. I'm really looking forward to some of the weekend shows though. It was such a wierd, wet winter I'm hoping for a nice, sunny summer!

If you go to the Covington show, let me know how it is and I can add it to the calendar. By the time I would get home from work on a Friday and clean up the Falcon, that would be too much of a drive for me but it might be a great place for members who live around there to meet occasionally.

I think having little "satellite" meetings might be a good idea. Because we're the only chapter in Washington, our coverage area is huge.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

FYI - I think the Covington Friday night shows might be switching to Walmart this year instead of Fred Meyer.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

Allie wrapped one of those around a tree in her crazy youth :-)
    Have a great day! I'm off to drive Ruby! TOP DOWN (hers, not mine)
    -Caro

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    ... I'm off to drive Ruby! TOP DOWN (hers, not mine)
    -Caro
    Either one will turn heads!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com