Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 64-65 Parts Car

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    It has a 65 grill, I would think one with a 65 would know
    Forensic Falconologist I'm not. There's not really enough grill there to say for sure. You really got to see the nose of the grill - and the nose is missing. Hints around the headlight doors seem to indicate 65 (they look to be going outward in the center) - but with all the distortion from the wreckage and only 2 shots to go from - and because there was the post from last week saying it was a 64, I wanted to be 'for-sure'. From Steve's last post, it appears to be a 65 for-sure.

Steve - not sure what your schedule is for this, but I'm in headless chicken mode trying to get a release of this software I'm working on out as a release candidate this week - next week worst case. So if I can get that done, maybe I can trek out there in the next week or so and help pull a few things off. If it's got to get gone before I can make it out there, try and pull the wiring harness out from under the dash without cutting wires. I need to get the connectors for the turn signal assembly all in one piece.

Did it have a single-speed or two-speed wiper system? Probably single, but those parts are getting hard to find these days.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

No hurry on this one. I am focusing on the delivery again. Maybe play with the turd on occasion. But I am itching to get the delivery off to paint!!!!
    I will do some more digging and see what all it has and maybe a few more pics...

OK good. I'll still try to make a run over there sooner, rather than later. I don't want you spending any time fishing out parts just for me.

I'm getting close to putting stuff on mine too now. Spent all day Saturday on my back brushing and spraying bed-liner under the car, which is what I finally chose to undercoat the thing with. Came out fantastic. Engine compartment and core support are painted now too. Red is going on the dash and other interior parts today (knock on wood and I get off work on time.)

Oh, and I found those tail lights when I re-sorted all the parts bins yesterday into some semblance of order (of course I put them all the way on the bottom of one of them) - so if you still need them, let me know.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Pictures, pictures.... Glad progress is still being made.
    I don't think the 62 taillights will fit anymore. I opened up the holes and mounted the 63's I had.
    I will check on the wipers, and didn't you do something with a 65 fresh air box and put it in something else?? I need a good box for the barn car, it's door is broken off...

If you are not selling the motor complete, I'd have a go at the carb... mine is leaking from the throttle shaft (may explain the rough idle) and I just need one to get me though the summer.

This fall I put in the new 200ci with the weber 32/36 two barrel.

Doghouse parts?

Powder coated parts, local business, sedan delivery, saw zall.
    Sounds like a winner to me!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I will see what I can do Jeff. It looks to be a decent carb, not too much rust and crud on it. I will pull it off and bring or send it with the next trip made across...

Thanks in advance. You can send with Brian when he brings his ... um doghouse for powder at Doghouse.

We know it was running decent enough for the guy to plow into a telephone pole.

You can have the carb back in a few months.... may even be rebuilt by then.

I would not need it back. Did you try the one off Rogers Ranchero yet?? I bought that one brand new a few months before I sold them to him?? Might help narrow it down. I paid $150 for that carb from the local parts house here in Sequim...

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I would not need it back. Did you try the one off Rogers Ranchero yet?? I bought that one brand new a few months before I sold them to him?? Might help narrow it down. I paid $150 for that carb from the local parts house here in Sequim...
    That's right, Roger offered to lend me for testing. I'll PM him to see when we can hook up for an exchange.

Yes - for a test - you are welcome. I my need it back sooner rather than later, so Steve, send that one over for Jeff to use until he does his engine swap (I assume it needs replacing anyway Jeff - if the shaft is worn to the point of dripping gas).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"