Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Hand Made Gear shift Knobs

Custom Hand Made Gear shift Knobs

I started a Facebook page so I can post pictures of knobs I have been making.
    I call them Low Down Shifters. Check them out. You can email me at lowdownshifters@yahoo.com

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

I know I read someone on this forum has a brother with a Thunderbolt Fairlane. Just Can't remember who ? I was planning on
    Putting this Thunder Bolt Knob on eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Larry AKA "Badbird"... his brother has the Thunderbolt.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Glow in the dark Rat Fink knob

Mike Spears

Mustang Knob

Mike Spears

Mustang knob

Mike Spears

Pabst blue Ribbon knob

Mike Spears

Ranchero knob I made for Gene

Mike Spears

Falcon knob for the mini regional

Mike Spears

I gotta get me one or two of them...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I may have to convert to a T5 just so I can get one of your knobs.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

How do these mount? Can you show a shot of the bottom? I'm diggin' that Rat Fink knob.

I'd love to mount a Rat Fink on an old Brodie knob I have. The plastic knob that's on there now is cracking on the interior and I'm worried it could break off some day. I'm guessing there's a pin molded into the knob to hold it. Might be possible to take a die and cut some threads.

Plus, who wouldn't want a glow-in-the-dark Rat Fink knob?? I'll sign a liability release so you won't be responsible if it whacks me in the chin one day!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Knob and light?

Hello, Kenny.

What are the knob and light for, that are mounted in the middle of the dash to the left of your instrument panel?

The interior of your car is beautiful.

Thanks, Dennis.

Kenny's dash.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Hey Kenny ,

I'm working out of state and do not have a picture of the bottom of a knob. I make threaded inserts out of aluminum on my lathe and then resin them into the knobs. 3/8 -16 is what I have been using for my shifters. I have thought about making Brodie knob just have not had time. The Rat fink is probably a little bigger than you would want on your steering wheel. Maybe not. On my Face Book page "Low Down Shifters" I have a some photos of the blue ranchero knob I made for Gene. It shows the threaded insert. Also there is several rough casting photos of projects just waiting to be finished. I would interested in taking this project on for sure.

Like my page and when I get home I will be adding more photos.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

Mike Spears

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    Hello, Kenny.

What are the knob and light for, that are mounted in the middle of the dash to the left of your instrument panel?

The interior of your car is beautiful.

Thanks, Dennis.

Kenny's dash.jpg
    The knob on top is a switch you turn. If I ever find a nice, early 60's rear window defogger I was going to use it for that. It says "DEFOG" and I think was from a Fairlane. The red light below says "BRAKE" and was originally for a Mustang. It's hooked to a switch that lights it when the parking brake is set.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)