Thread: Scarebird Information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gary,

Were you able to keep your stock 13" wheels with the Scarbird disks? Someone on TFFN is asking and I wasn't sure.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

13-Inch Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    Gary,

Were you able to keep your stock 13" wheels with the Scarbird disks? Someone on TFFN is asking and I wasn't sure.
    No. I had 14-inch wheels ready to go, but I tried the 13-inch just for kicks. They would not fit over the calipers.

That reminds me... I now have a set of 13-inch wheels mounted with nice 195/70-13 whitewalls for sale. I'll have to post them on the For Sale section.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Hey, does anyone know what the scoop is on getting the Scarebird parts? Do we just contact them, or do we all have to order them at the same time to get the discounted price?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Exclamation

Please? Does nobody know? Gary? Kenny?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

SECOND Reply

I swear I already replied to this once! Maybe I forgot to push the "do it" button....
    Mark Janis told me he would give a discount to anyone on the Falcon List. I tried get clarification, thinking he meant to give a discount only to Rainier Falcons members, but he said he would give it to anyone on the list. I guess that means you just have to tell him you found out about Scarebird from the Falcon List (or now the Falcon Forum).
    Just say that you heard he would give a discount to members of the Falcon Forum when you order.
    For what it's worth, he was working on a design for custom hubs for the Falcon 4-lug kit because of the problems we had with mine. If that becomes part of the kit, I'd bet it will cost quite a bit more...
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Thanks Gary. I was intending to post something about that after the meeting but spaced it off.

I was just thinking, I wonder if Mark ever thought to have special lug bolts made that had a little bigger shank where it presses into the hub? I'm sure that 8 bolts would be less of a cost to get made then a pair of custom hubs. I'm sure there's some fabrication company somewhere that can produce a small batch (a few thousand).

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Special Studs

Thanks, Kenny! I'll put a bug in Mark's ear.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Dan Guest
    I believe there is a way to use your 13" wheels. I would contact scarebird. seems i saw something form them that said it would not work but there was a note. May require some mods.

Dan Guest
    This is probably ? for scarebird but thought I might throw this ? out too. Is there a disc brake combo that would allow me to also go from 4 bolt to 5 bolt on my 6 cyclinder falcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This is probably ? for scarebird but thought I might throw this ? out too. Is there a disc brake combo that would allow me to also go from 4 bolt to 5 bolt on my 6 cyclinder falcon?
    Yes there is.

http://www.abspowerbrake.com/AbsCatalogPag075.html
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI