Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Jeff and others....thanks for the info...Larry, good luck on your wiring...when this is over you will be dang near an expert.

Hal

Update pics

Well, I got the side glass all installed and adjusted. Finished up the headliner and windlace along the edge of the headliner and put the fuzzies in. Lots of other little odds and ends finished.
    Supposed to get the windshield and back glass installed soon, maybe this week. Then I can start the interior.

My brother is flying up from Tucson on the July 7th and we are going to try and start the engine. Then hopefully drive it to Snohomish (loudly) and get the exhaust installed.

Putting in some very long days trying to get this done before the end of July so I can take it to Reno. Think I will make it!!!???!!!.

Oh, I ordered the Chrome Paint Kit that is listed in Rogers interior thread for my grill. It doesn't look very good right now. I will let you all know how it comes out. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice; It must feel good to be getting this close to driving it again!!

Light!

Larry is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Keep up the good work
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Update pics

Before I could install the interior I needed to finish the trunk surrounds that I fabricated. Wouldn't be able to access the amplifier for hookups with the rear seat in. It looks ok, but for some reason when I close the trunk the fwd corners, at the hinge locations bow up just a little. Not sure why because I did all the fab work and fitting with the trunk on and closed for fit. I will either have to remove the small little hinge covers and temp install them for shows or rework them. UGH. The trunk looks ok for the first work I've done fiberglassing.

Update pics

Just an update on my 64.
    Will not get it to the Hot August Nights in Reno this year. Got the car about 95% done and fired the engine up. Didn't have oil pressure and found the soft plug at the top of the block was missing so..........removed intake, installed plug and now have 70 lbs. of pressure AND a new oil leak that may be the rear main seal.
    Will have to do a little (LOL) disassembly, so it will be in the garage while I am in Reno.
    Oh, well. Nothing is easy so why should this part work out. The car isn't entered in Reno this year since I was on the 3000 car waiting list. Just wanted to take it along for fun driving. But it is entered for next year. Hope I get it done by then!!!!!............. So....
    The bright yellow glow over the hill that was from the car now has a redish tint to the air from me being upset. Larry

And here I thought that all them sailors were having a great time when I saw that red hue on the horizon last night.

Quite a tough break there Larry. You could have still trailer'd it there and people could have still galked at it the entire way down. But I know, it would have been better to cruise it around.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Latest pictures of the 64. The exterior finished but, I still don't like the looks of the grill. So I am going to take it off and do more work on it. The engine has been fired up, and I was going to take it in to get the exhaust done. But, my neighbor told me his friend bought all the exhaust system on line and did it himself for a mustang. So, if anyone knows much about that process let me know.
    The interior is finished except for the sill plates and kick panels. More to come.

It's looking real sharp Larry.

I have no doubt that you could install your own exhaust. A Mustang kit would be a good start. Are you planning for 2.25" or 2.5"? Long or shorty headers?

I plan on redoing my exhaust with 2.25" and reproduction hemi mufflers. I will start with the Flowmaster universal 2.25" kit and add a universal X pipe.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Update pics

I need to use the 2.5. That is the size of the electric dump tubing. Send me all the info you can on where what to get. Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    I need to use the 2.5. That is the size of the electric dump tubing. Send me all the info you can on where what to get. Thanks very much.
    Get this tailpipe kit:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLO-15807/
    This will work from the muffler back. It's mandred bent and allows for quite a large muffler under the back seats. Remember that the gas tank is offset to the left so set the left side first and then the right. Use the bumber bolts for hanger locations.

Here is an X-pipe kit that you would connect to your header reducers. Attach mufflers to the output. This has nifty cutouts all ready to go.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-53630FLT/

Mufflers are highly subjective. Here is a link that will show you all of the 2.5" offset/center oval and steel mufflers at Summit.

I just measured my car. It has the same tailpipes as above and there is room for up to a 22" overall length muffler.

You'll need a reducer from your headers to a 2.5" pipe. You'll also need some hangers - two at the rear and one on the x-pipe.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Update pics

I had to go look at the car myself. It is the reflection of the yellow shining off the chrome. I think I am going to just leave it chromed intead of painting the black areas. Might change my mind later, but I think for now I like it.

Update pics

Just a little bit more to go in the interior but just had to send out some photos. My "to do" list is getting very small now. That is if I can keep from adding more to it.

Update pics

The engine is running but it is a little bit toooooooo loud. So I have it on my trailer and taking it to Snohomish Wednesday morning to get the exhaust installed. Didn't like the grill work, so pulled it off and sent it to Tucson to get it chrome plated. Gave up on getting it bright dip anodized. Those folks want more to do that then a NOS grill is worth.

Still have a few things to do. Still waiting on new sill plates, the material from Jake to finish the kick area below the rear seat and several odds and ends like wiring the tach, figuring out why the electric cooling fan doesn't work, etc.

Does a person ever get one of these things done??????????? Crap

Lookin' sweet Larry! I'm not sure if you ever get done but with a build like that you should get pretty close!! Looking forward to seeing it close up someday!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)