Thread: Old AMT Plastic model 68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Old AMT Plastic model 68 Falcon Sports Coupe

One day about a month ago, I was cruising ebay to see what could be had there as far as 68 Falcon SC's were concerned. I was NOT surprised to see that there were no 68 SC's for sale. What DID surprise me very much was an old AMT plastic model kit that popped up. It was a 1968 Ford Falcon Sports Coupe plastic model kit. What the ???????? I had never even HEARD of such a thing. Anyway, when the bidding was over, I was the surprised winner at about $ 90 plus shipping. I received the kit a few days later and was real impresseed with the condition of the original box and it's contents. Everything was excellant. I checked with a modeling hobby board that I frequent and this was one of the comments from one of the semi-professional modelers who hangs out there:

"""You've got yourself a fairly rare kit. I don't think it has ever been re-released. It appears to be a 1968 annual kit. As for the two piece tires you should be able to raid just about any amt kits out their for something better. I would go with a 69 Mustang or Fairlane kit. Only because you could probably utilize some of the other parts out of these kits.

Nice find and hope to see you build it!
    Chris"""

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasures:

No comments at all ? Hmmm.

I can't comment... I am too busy grappling with the dilemma of you keeping it as a pristine un-built kit vs. a wonderfully built model you can enjoy. It's only original once, but hard to enjoy if it's in the box under your bed.
    It's the opposite of a dilemma actually, a choice between two positives.
    Good luck with that and keep us informed of your decision.
    I have an un-build B-17 Flying Fortress model that my father and I bought when I was about seven (1973). We were always going to build it together. He's now 82 years old and lives 2,000 miles away. I would love to see it completed and hanging above the motorcycles in the shop... but somehow I would feel cheated if I put it together myself.
    Jeff

Very cool! I have one tin friction toy of my `62 but no plastic models. After 40 years in the condition it's in I would keep it unbuilt but that's just the way I collect things. If it's something old but common I don't mind using it but if it's rare I would just enjoy enjoy having it and knowing what it looked like when some yound kid got it home and opened it up.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have an older original Warbucks Falcon model and about 15 other Ford models I haven't put together too. I know, it's odd to have all these models and really no intention to assemble them. I always tell myself it's what I'll do when I retire (whatever that is).

I say, build it and build a nice "little" garage to go with it and park it in there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"