Thread: Rear Air Suspension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rear Air Suspension

I was wondering if anybody had any luck adding any load carrying capacity for their falcons using any air suspension besides air shocks? I am currently thinking of selling my F350 so I can (will be forced to) drive my Ranchero more often but I want to be able to use it like a truck without bottoming out when I go to Home Depot for a couple of 2x4's. I am thinking of using an air bag system and making plates for the rear frame rail and the rear leaf springs and leaving it deflated until I need it so I can keep the low stance. Any input???

Air Ride Technologies makes an air over leaf setup that might work for you.

http://www.airride.com/productinfo/airoverleaf.asp

You might be able to fit a small air tank and pump in the bed opening behind the cab.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks, I will have to do some measuring and see what will fit. I had not checked into this company yet but looks like exactly what I am after.
    Thanks again.

I've measured for the Air Ride over leaf kit and it is very tight, but really the only option unless you want to start cutting and making crossmembers. The stock shock mounts are not strong enough to mount one of their shockwave type products to ( I've seen those mounts fail and it's not pretty )
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Great info. Thanks. I will be doing research and let you know what I find out and decide to do.

I just saw that Fatman has a bolt on rear air ride kit now too. I pulled off my wheels today to check my rear brakes and started daydreaming about air ride on my bird! Any progress with your project, 61 ranch?

S-man
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch