Thread: Local sand blasters

Local sand blasters

I read my POR 15 high heat paint directions, and then called them to verify that my exhaust manifold does need to be sandblasted before applying the new paint. It's not all that rusty, but that's what they say...

Bothell Way sandblasting seems to be out of business, and Ballard Welding and Sandblasting has a bad phone number - can only find one other place and they charge $125 for the job. Anyone know of other places around, or have their own small cabinet I could use for 20 minutes?
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Where are you located?? I have a blast cabinet and a room with pressure pot in it. I live over in Sequim. I have this equipment at my powder coat shop. Be glad to help out if I can..? Steve..

Hey, thanks for the offer, Steve. I live in Bellevue (across the lake from Seattle) so don't know if that will work out. I'm over due for a trip to the peninusula, but don't see when I'll be able to do that soon. Will let you know though if I decide to head that way!

T.
    PS - what's a pressure pot?
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

A pressure pot is a blaster that holds about 400lbs of media, and I have full gear that you wear and actually stand inside the room to blast large objects like car frames ect...
    The room I have is 10ft high X 20ft long X 10ft wide. It really makes short work of blasting things versus a smaller glass bead cabinet.
    Anytime you are in the area feel free to drop me a line and would be glad to give you guys a tour. Thanks Steve H.

Sounds like a great club cruise day next summer.

Thor,

If you can get them over to the U-District where I work, I have a cabinet at work I use all the time. Almost every part I plan to paint or have painted has been blasted in that thing. Did Patrick's steering column a while back. You just need to make an arrangement to either leave it in the morning or the evening before and I'll do them the day I see them. If inerested, PM me or call and I'll see what I can do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Local sand blasters

I have a blast cabinet in my shed that would work for the parts. It will take me a little while to get everything set up but if you want to drop the parts off I could get them done in a day probably. I live in Mill (yuppyville) Creek, if that works let me know. Larry

Bob at Harold's did several small parts for me for about $20.00 plus tax.
    Harold's Auto Rebuild
    124 Rainier Ave So
    Renton, WA 98057
    425/430-9462
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don at Masterblaster's here in Spokane always hooks me up.. Must be a Ford thing.. He collects galaxies..
    He's also where I buy all my vintage license plates..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Nathan - wouldn't mind visiting spokane, but not enough time right now

Melo - thanks. Correct phone # for them is 206-226-5000 - I think the other one is a fax...

Larry - thanks much for the offer - I'll keep it in mind. I've got an appt. with a soda blaster today in North Bend, however I'm not sure if that's abrasive enough and am still trying to get POR 15 guys on the phone. I'll be in touch if that or Harold's doesn't work out.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

Hey Thor -- you saw my offer too, didn't you? Seems as though maybe you didn't based upon who you thanked.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"