Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not starting

Bad news

Well it seems all my issues turn into really puzzling projects-

Car has been starting and running just fine, went out Sunday morning and it started and ran fine. Parked it for about 4 hours and it would not start.

It has power to both sides of coil fine and cranked fine just as before it had no spark and would not start?!

I let it sit for about an hour and tried again- it coughed once and started and ran just fine?1

This is just driving me crazy
    none

You may have a coil going intermittent. Here's a very good page explaining some diagnostics you can run - and will save all a lot of typing the same thing.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ignition_coils.htm
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Latest

I thought I would fill you guys in on the latest-
    I have checked all of the components with every test I can find and nothing is out of the ordinary. Also the car has been starting flawlessly since Sunday afternoon and I must have tried to get it not to about 20 times!

The problem is like waiting for a book to fall from the shelf, I know I've done nothing to fix the problem it just went away for now!

thanks again we'll see how it goes,
    none

Ahh... the joys of intermittent failure. Why couldn't it just break completely and get it over with!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"