Thread: Breather Hose for 63 Falcon

Breather Hose for 63 Falcon

I'm looking for a oil filler cap breather hose that connects to the air filter.

I've had one ordered for months from dearborn classics but they said who know when it will be available by the mfg'r again.

Does anyone have any idea where I can aquire this part?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Jim Jarriel
    63 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible

Hi Jim,

The post reads like you're looking for the hose but I'm guessing your wanting the cap? Here's one from Falcon Enterprises but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

http://www.falconparts.com/1960-1970...SIDE+PIPE.html

Mine has two springy pieces of metal that hold it in place when you push it down over tube coming out of the valve cover. I think I got it at Action Auto but it doesn't have a side pipe. Have you tried finding a cooperative person at the parts store yet? Although I have only replaced mine once in 10 years I think they get oily, dirty, and clogged and are considered an expendable filter.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Breather Hose

Hey Kenny,

No, I have a cap, I'm looking for the hose which links the oil filler cap to the air filter. As I mentioned, I've had one back ordered at dearborn classics for months an am tired of waiting. I'm trying to keep the Funtura as close to original as I can.

OIL CAP TO AIR CLEANER HOSE

ALL MODELSThis is the hose that connects your valve cover breather to the base of your Air Cleaner housing. It is purposely cut long to allow you to cut to fit for a variety of applications. Part Number: OCB100
    Your Price: $14.95 Availability: This part is undergoing manufacturing changes, no delivery date is available at this time. If you order the part now, you will not be charged. By ordering this item we will be able to notify you as soon as available. Additional Notes/Product Information:
    Original Ford Part Number: C3AZ-6A664-B

Thanks for you help.
    Jim

Jim Jarriel

Good luck on that one. I found a few sites with people saying they've tried and couldn't get one anywhere. On a truck forum they listed a part number C8OZ-18472-B tha is 6' long and the right diameter, but the one page I see it listed said "call" instead of giving a price -- which usually means they want to get you on the phone and try and sell you something one way or the other even if it's not that hose. This may be a time to let your creative side come out and make one.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

It's been a long time but I recall a similar hose on mine when I got it. It was more of an S shape and went from a port on the carb spacer to the PCV valve. Looked all over for one for a long time and finally gave up. I just used some generic hose.

Sorry. I know that doesn't help but keep searching. At least you have a photo and part number.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks guys. I will probably end up being creative and make my own hose. I appreciate your insight and help.

Jim Jarriel

One thing you might try is to go into an auto parts store and just ask if you can go back and look at some of the hoses they have in stock and explain what you're looking for. The guys at small Napa or Action Auto stores have let me do that before. Or maybe they will let you browse through the catalogs. You could always sand off a GM logo if need be!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Thanks for your input guys. But I was all screwed up. I found a picture of a 170ci on the internet that shows where the hose connects to the side of the engine from out of the air cleaner. I assumed it went into the vented oil cap...... But I'm still trying to figure out where the oil cap output goes.

Jim Jarriel

Jim, I have never seen a set-up like the one pictured. I thought the block vent (the lower end of the hose pictured) was just a down tube pointed at the ground, or later plugged with a PVC was added to the valve cover. I could be wrong.

The Ford 170 just had the road draft tube. The Murcury version had the road draft tube replaced with a crankcase vent tube to the air cleaner.

If you aren't concerned with originality, get a later valve cover from a 200 and switch to a PCV system. connect the PCV valve to a constant vacuum souce below the carb. Then just plug the hole that the road draft tube was in.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

If you want a valve cover with a grommet for a PCV valve I've got a spare for no charge. Would look really nice with a new paint job. I can send a photo if you'd like.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com