Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V8 versus 6 cylinder spindle stops

Dave, What neck of the woods are you? That'll help to figure out when I can come get them. I appreciate your help too!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

In the Echo Lake area between Woodinville and Monroe just off of Highway 522.

That is awesome. Maybe Roger will do me a favor and grab those parts for me while he is there. How much $ do you need me to send to you for the parts? I would be glad to stuff some in an envelope and ship it over. Send me a PM with your address and so forth and I will get it on the way.
    This is the nice thing about these club. Someone will always have what you want and it makes keeping the cars on the road that much easier.
    Thanks Guys. Steve

Dave,

I'm not sure if you will make the club meeting on Wednesday, but if not I am off on Friday and can arrange for anytime that day. Anytime on the weekend too.

And I can pickup the stuff for Steve too.

Thanks!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Your my hero!!! Thank guys I appreciate the help..

But you don't know how many times a day I curse your name for selling me that pile...

Just kidding...
    It has been a much needed distraction.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I can't make the meeting. I don't know about Friday yet. I've been spending every other day with my dad at the hospital giving my mom a break so she can go home for a little while. So far it looks like tuesday or thursday night or one day this weekend and I don't know yet wether it'l be Sat. or Sunday. I get home from work around 4:30 if that helps at all. Steve do you want the box to or just the pitman arm off of it?

What ever is easier for you. I have a 6cyl box so I guess I should change that as well?? Thanks Steve

I'm pretty sure the pitman arm from a 6 and 8 will bolt onto all steering boxes with a 1" output shaft. The exception is the 64, which has a funky 1.25" shaft.

I'm using the same box on the Ranchero with the V8 parts from a 65 on the 63 box. In fact I converted the entire front end to a 65 V8 since the parts are readily available. I got the steering column parts from a bunch of different vehicles (tube from a Mustang, cut to length, with the shift delete, turn signal switch and that section housing from a 65 Falcon). So, bottom-line, it all sort of works together. The boxes do have different steering shaft lengths. I can't remember right now which direction they go, but the Falcons seem to have had a couple different lenghts. I now have 3 or 4 boxes and the best-feeling one was the one in the yellow Ranchero. So that is going in, and if it feels bad on the road, I will have Red-head Steering redo one of the spares later.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"