Thread: 63 Ranchero 3 speed Tranny

63 Ranchero 3 speed Tranny

I am looking for a 3 speed transmission for my 63 Ranchero. It has the stock 6 cly. engine. Looking for one to keep it running while I put together a 302, c-4 combo for it. If anyone has one for sale please let me know. Thanks Steve H.

Steve... Manual or automatic? I have a manual 2.77 I inherited from Nathan -- and it's free! Don't know what condition it's in, but maybe Nathan will see this and fill you in. Of course, if it's a 3-speed automatic, can't help you there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

3 speed manual is perfect. That is what is in it now. I just want to get it back on the road until I do the v-8 auto swap. Let me know what I need to do to get my hands on it. I live over in Sequim but would make the drive over to get it. Thanks for the help.
    The transmission in the car now has an inspection cover on top that has about 8-10 bolts that hold it on, does it sound the same as the one you have?? Just want to make it easy on myself. thanks again.. Steve H.

Steve,

That's what this is. A non-synchro (1st gear) 3-speed found on all Falcons until 1965, maybe later. How soon would you need it? I'll be here all weekend for the most part.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

That is awesome. I have to go to a friends picnic Saturday. (to get rained on). I might be able to get over that way on Sunday. I would love to get the Ranchero back on the road before I start swapping over to a v-8. At least I can see what else needs to be done to it that way.
    I have a Buddie that is going over to pic up a BMW race car they just bought maybe if I can't get over I can ask them to pick it up for me??
    What part of Seattle area are you in. i usually take the Kingston Edmonds ferry over?
    If you want send me a PM and a # and I will call you up, or you can get me at 360-681-5412 wk or 360-775-0754 cell and get it worked out.
    Thanks again I really appreciate the offer. Steve H.

Steve,

PM sent.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that tranny... no leaks no noises.. it was out of tink before i swapped to a t-5

Guess what Roger?
    I inherited another one to replace the one I gave to you.. those damn things are like boomerangs.. they keep coming back...

You should have used clutch parts too... if not I have another set of used clutch parts I can send your way..

So watch out roger you'll get another one for next years swap meet. plus more goodies...

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Thanks Guys. I think I will try to come over Sunday morning. I will know more later today. I will call before hand. Thanks again Steve H.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    So watch out roger you'll get another one for next years swap meet. plus more goodies...
    Ahhhhhhh!!!!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"