Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

updates on the reconstruction. new pics.

Well I got a lot done over the last couple of weekends and the delivery is apart. Now it is time to put her back together. I am going to fit the new floors, cut out the old ones, and bring her down to the shop for a good media blasting. Then I will put the new floors in and see how much more repair work to the metal is needed. I hope it doesn't get much worse than what I can already see. Any way I will keep you updated and shoot some more pics as we go along. If you see anything going wrong please feel free to let me know. I have not done a restoration quite this extensive before so this is partly learn as you go for me. Thanks Guys.. Steve H.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doghows; January 4th, 2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: new pics

It's looking good so far. Are you going to remove the wiring harness and the rest of the small bits?

I'll bet you have a rust issue in the cowl. It wouldn't take much effort to pull the cowl vent. Get a spot weld cutter and drill out the welds and it will come off. Then cut out the bad and weld in new steel.

What are the plans for this one? L6? V8? Turbine? What suspension? Tranny?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Looks like all the wiring is out of it... that last picture I think was a "before" picture. But it does look like the strut-rod nuts might be unwilling to come loose... and maybe the screws holding on the striker plates. Kroil, I say.

I was going to ask as well whether you were able to ascertain the condition of the cowl? I started to drill those out on a Ranchero had once and after starting to drill out about 100 spot welds I decided to abandon the car before I got that far. I wonder to this day if anyone ever go it to the place you are at here. Keep up the progress pics!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I've been thinking. I know, that's never good.

Picture this. Paint the delivery satin black. Not flat, you want a bit of shine. Lower it a couple of inches to get the right stance. Add red pin-striping and make up a garage name for the panel area. Make it look like a vintage shop truck. Better yet, use your own business name.

For wheels, use these in 15".

http://asp.americanracing.com/dealer...ga/mVN5701.jpg

Maybe some Coker reproduction Redline tires.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I painted that Mustang I worked on and my 67 Pickup Satin Black (#7777 Rustoleum Enamel). Stealthy...

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...read.php?t=507
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; December 5th, 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wow you guys have a good eye. The strut rods finally came loose. Lots of free-all and a few (lots) of 4 letter words. The sedan is stripped now and I have cut out the back cargo floor area, and the passenger floor area. I will cut out the drivers floor next and then it is down to the shop for a media blasting session.
    The cowl area is not too bad, except for the passenger side. The ring is rotted out but the rest looks pretty solid. If this was not a rare car (1 of 113) I think I may have reconsidered the rebuild. But I have wanted one for 15 years so I am going for it.
    I like the idea for paint. I started that way, but the wife wants blue with the panel in a silvery gray color?? I haven't made up my mind. She has her car so this one is mine. The powder coating shop logo is definitely going on the side.
    Any how I will shoot a couple of more pics so you can see how much is cut off the car at this point and keep you all posted. Thanks for the support and input. Steve H.

Smile

Holy smokes! Well it's all for the better from this point! Right on.
    1960 Tudor Sedan 200ci i6
    1962 Fordor Squire Wagon 170ci i6
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda 225ci s6 (forgive my Mopar)

She's back from the frame shop and the panels fit perfect. YEAH!!!! Now to finish sanding it and off to paint. Maybe. Body work SUCKS... Maybe I will catch up with Roger someday...

Keep up the good work, keep plugging away and you'll get there. At least that's what I keep telling myself
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Maybe you should sneak it into Rogers garage after he moves the Flarechero to the carport
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I was going to try that (Rogers Garage) or kidnap him for a month or so??

Reconstruction has begun.

Good news I found a shop that had my kit in stock . Ordered it and should have it this time next week.

On a side note I have Gina's comet at the house and it looks like an engine swap is upcoming. So get ready for a tech day. Will post up when and of course it's over here again.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I've moved the posts regarding the tech day and Gina's Comet to the Tech day thread. Keeping your thread clean.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"