Thread: Pollen

Pollen

Do you guys get this in Washington state? Down here, the oak trees put out flowers with their new leaves in the spring and the flowers pump out pollen so thick that they cover everything in yellow. The pollen shows up especially bad on my black Falcon. I keep it in the garage, but take a look at the two cars that were in the driveway. This pollen collected in just one day. It is so thick that you can write your name in it. March is the heaviest month for pollen.

1-DCP_5020.jpg

2-DCP_5021.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

We do but it comes from the pine trees, and be careful not to park under them for shade because they will "poop" on your car too leaving a big nasty sticky sap goober stuck to your ride!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Oh yeah... we usually get it thick like someone took a flour sifter and sifted it all over everything. If you leaf blow - clouds of it. I started taking my allergy meds a few weeks ago.

Our only saving grace so far, this year, is all the rain we're having - we'll probably exceed 8.4" of rain this month (the record set in 1950). We're up to 7" so far and I think somewhere around 2" is normal. Anyway, that's keeping most of it washed down the drains, so far. But on the good (Florida-like) days we have, it's evident around here.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"