Thread: Mega Ford Weekend

Mega Ford Weekend

Just thought I would let everyone know about the Ford race at mission
    raceway this weekend. There were a number of falcons there last year.
    I hope to go a few more rounds this time!! Here is there web site for more
    info.www.megafordweekend.com

Good Luck

Good luck Wayne!
    Drive careful
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Mega Ford Weekend

Wayne, I am no where near getting to a race track but I have some questions for you. I remember your car has run in the low 12's at 107? According to the racetrack mentioned they have requirements on what specific safety equipment you need depending on the times and speed of your car. Roll bar, helmet, drive shaft loop, etc. What items do you have on your car for that speed?
    I am definitely going to want to see what my car will do when it is finished. Can I bring it to that track at one of these meets and race it?? How will they determine what equipment I have to have if it hasn't raced before. When I used to race in the late 60's and early 70's they went by cubic inches to weight, tires, headers and so forth. Not sure 40 years later what they do. Thanks and good luck with your race this weekend. Larry

Mfw

In answer to your question. You need to get an NHRA rule book.
    The tech guy will ask you what you think it might run. Depending
    on that you will need to have certain items. I'm sure you will need a helmet,radiator overflow catch can. No antifreeze. I might have an old rule book around that you can have. I get a new one every year. They don't change much. You can bring your car to any of these races I go to.
    I like Mission more than any of the other tracks. I think it's run the best.
    It's also only 25 feet above sea level. Great air! Wish me luck,Wayne