Thread: 1968 Falcon project/introduction thread

1968 Falcon project/introduction thread

Hi all,

I joined up about a year ago, but have not had a falcon for some time. But I just dragged home a pretty rust free 1968 falcon, 6 cyl and auto. Has a good interior with what looks like reconditioned seats. door panels, headliner and kick panels have never been cut for speakers, it still has the stock radio. Engine is out of it, and it needs bodywork, lots of dings from junkyard forklifts and what looks like some crash damage to the front clip. But still for the price I paid it was a nice score! I got it from a junkyard for scrap price!

I am a ford guy to the max, I have a 68 bronco I just took off the frame and put back together earlier in the fall, and have a 99 ranger too Lots of fords before that too.

engine and trans are out, and had been sitting on the floor. HA! I rode home on the engine block as we flat towed it home.

Looks to have some damage on the front, and is missing a few things. Pans need a little help, but the quarters, trunk, doors and all the frame look to be in fair to excellent shape.

Looks to have been blue, but was painted white at some point.

I had almost the same car several years ago, and loved it. It was a 69 that someone had stuffed a very build 351w and c6 into, and I have regretted selling ever since. I figured this was my chance to get it back.

I have a good source for all the v8 swap parts, so I think I will swap in a v8 instead of going back to the straight 6 (the old engine swallowed a valve)

It needs a lot of help, but I think I can save it just like I saved the last one. I have most of the parts, but it is missing the hood hinges, wiper system, ignition (they CUT THE WIRES ) and other misc junk.
    I only have a few shots, I will be adding a few of the inside as we go.

Where I found it

Flying falcon!

Home!

here are a few of my past falcons:

this was my baby here for awhile:

Ouch!

I wonder if the two are related...

and here is fixed...ish.

Looks like a great project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Looks like a great project. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Thanks! Silly as it may sound I am thinking of a 385 series swap

So far so good, I have been disassembling the car to paint it up and stop any rust. I think the car likes me everything seems to be coming along smoothly. Even better is so far the only rot is a few spots in the floor pan from wet sound deadening material.

I also have a lead on a complete 351w swap for it too!

That's the beauty of that year Falcon. You can put a 351 in it easily enough. I put a 351W in a 63 hardtop when I was in high school - and for the life of me I can't tell you how we did it. Big hammer I suspect.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"