Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barn Find

That is for sure. Better safe than sorry. Older is wiser and I always thought my parents were full of Sh*t. Guess there was some logic behind all that. Any how I will see you all tomorrow.

i'll be there

Since I don't have a Falcon at this time I will be in a 1947 Ford coupe, arriving at about 9:30. See you all there.

Darren
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Barn Find

I am getting closer and closer to getting to go along with you all to these events. Still have a leak at the transmission and need to get the front end aligned. Several small little details but hopefully??????????? Have a great time and take some pics for us. Larry

OK here is the latest on the Barn Find... Driving it back and forth to work ( about 15 miles each way.) No major issues, couple of small leaks around the trany but no oil leaks. Drives well for being parked for 22 years.
    Put REALLY cheap carpet in to get rid of the "barn Smell" and she is ready to go. I think I will take her to the Rakers club show in Port Townsend on the 18th. Anybody else want to go??
    Anyway here are the latest pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see you already detailed the engine, looks good, I know a guy that has a cherry grill, I think his name is kenny, the inside is nice for a car from the barn, a ratless barn? thats strange....jh

I think the only reason for no mice was a cat lived inside of it. Carpet smelled like cat urine so I yanked it out deodorized the car and put that cheap carpet in.
    You know me if I can powder it I will, plus I know a guy that can do it real cheap for me.

So... turn signals are where? I do kind of like that bumper though. I know some guys don't.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I think you get Joanna or Kenny to create you a real fatigued looking Doghows Powdercoating logo and paint that on the side just like it is and call it good!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

How about these?

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...temid=MUSTHL2T

7" Red Dot Tri-Bar Headlights w/ Turn Signal + Bulbs

or cheaper guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-Bla...Q5fAccessories

I like that idea, i was looking at mounting the stokers behind the grill?? Still got some playing to do. But she is running great. 3 trips from home to work and no problems!

Maybe run a line down the middle from front to back. One half stays as is to show the before, and the other half gets the deluxe Doghows powder coating treatment to show off the after.

That would attract attention!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

That would be interesting. I think she will stay as is for now. Its time to get back to the delivery!! Maybe off to paint by the end of this month. Geeze I sound like a broken record. End of the month end of the month!! Repeat as necessary.

Ok the barn find is going flat black. I am sanding it down and painting it this weekend!!!! Hopefully all will go well and I can get it over to my friends house that does pin stripping. He wants to do some old school stuff on the flat black. Then after the delivery goes off to paint I can pull the motor on the barn car and clean up the engine bay. Then its off to the shows...
    I will put up some before and afters on Monday when it is done and then after the stripping. (striping?)

So you are going flat black instead of satin black?

Say - I asked, but may have slipped overhead - are you in town on the 4th o'July weekend? I might consider a drive over there on the 3rd if you are. Hope to put in glass here on the 2nd if I can find 2 other pair of hands for an hour that day. If you're not going to be around - not to worry.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"