Thread: New to this forum with my 64 Sprint

New to this forum with my 64 Sprint

Rescued mine in June of this year. It had last been licensed in 2006 and had been sitting outside detoriating exponentially as I passed by every week/month. I finally stopped by and knocked on the door and said "Your killing me man. What's up with the Falcon?" I bought it 5 days later and so it begins...

Here is the chronology of progress so far.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...799E1791CF!163

In the garage:

1964 Falcon Sprint
    powered by: 289 V8 | C4 | 8" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kdl9hq2

1964 Fairlane Sports Coupe "K-Code"
    powered by: 289/271HP V8 | 4-spd | 9" rear 3.89
    http://tinyurl.com/kk3cfqc

Very nice. It is good to see one rescued from neglect. Hope to see you at a meeting or some shows this spring... That is if I ever finish or keep a car for more that 6 months???

Hi there, what a nice find, where do you live in redmond? I am in kirkland...jh

English Hill - between 124th and 116th - where are you in Kirkland?
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; November 18th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.

I know where that is! we had the place on the corner of ne 116 & 162 ne, but now in kirkland,my freind pete lived just around the corner from 172ne...jh

SAweet!!!!!

Very nice Sprint....... love those wheels........ did you say it was neglected?
    What motor does it have in it? Welcome to the club!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Smile

Thanks. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It was originally 1 of 3,829 Sprints with a 260V8, ford-o-matic, and a bench seat. Now has a fresh 289 w/ C4, and buckets/console. The freshly built motor only had around 200 miles on it when it was parked and then routinely started.

I say neglected because of the following:

Pic #1 - It never moved from that spot for 5 yrs and was not covered. See the grimey river of moss, mildew, dust, pollen, pitch, and poop on the trunk deck.

Pic #2 - Notice the rotted windshield wiper blade and more moss. But you can't see the bees living in the trunk.

Pic #3 - The new carpet was moist/ruined and the new door panels had warped due to the increased humidity and being left in the weather for 5+ years.

(Not a slam on the previous owner, there is a background story as to why this happened that I will share at a future meeting or car show.)

From where she was to where she is right now only took me about 3 months and a lot of elbow grease. I still have some things in mind to do to her but I like the old school look she has right now.

The chronology from then to now is in my original post if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; November 19th, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

Awesome find. You've done a great job cleaning it up. And welcome!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"