Thread: 1960 falcon drivers side Axle-n-bearing.

1960 falcon drivers side Axle-n-bearing.

Hi folk's I need a drivers side axle for my rear end on my 1960 two-door.My flange is bent ,I would heat it up and bend it back but this axle was heat treated when it was made and could become brittle.Only a 1960 will fit,all other year's wear larger and more heavy duty.If you have one or know where to get one I would be greatful,"WILL" 1960 two-door Falcon owner.......PS,mine still works but look's like I have a bent wheel when I go down the road.

Hey Will,

Bummer! I don't see too many 1960 parts cars around but I'll keep an eye out. If you don't have any luck, you might call All American Classics in Vancouver, WA. According to their list they have a few 1960's.

http://www.allamericanclassics.com/ford.html#falcon

I have a friend who lives by Greenlake and has a lot of Falcon parts so I'll give him a call tomorrow. If you could get an entire 7-1/4" from another year would that bolt on? He took the one from my `62 when I swapped to an 8" and may still have it. It was working fine.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

60 Axle driver's side.............

Thank's Kenny.I did try classics in vancouver.I rented a van and drove down on my day off ,they had assured me they had an axle that was in good condition.After pulling several axles they tried to pawn a bent one off on me,luckily another customer was there I asked him does this axle look bent to you? His reply was does it rain in seattle...That was my experiance at classics ,I am sure other's have had much better luck......... "WILL"

Bummer #2! I've only been down there for a bumper core and some misc. parts. I did find a console I was going to buy but they wanted too much $$$.

I spoke with my friend in Greenlake so I'll PM his email to you soon. He has a few axles hanging in his garage but you would want to bring in your axle to make sure they will work.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

60 axle

I have a complete rear axle ***. for a 62'. Will bolt right into a 60' Come get it. Free. Give me a call 425-481-1502 or cell 206-999-4263 Dave

1960 Axle/rear end...........

Thank you ,I am greatful .I will give you a call .When is a good time and day to call ? Thank you "WILL"

axle bearing

Call me anytime. cell 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, home 7:30pm to 10:00 pm.

OK...............

Thank you ,I will try and call wed eve,thank's again "WILL"