Thread: Possible swaps Falcon brake master cylinder

Possible swaps Falcon brake master cylinder

Hi folks, I spent some time looking for brake master cylinder swaps for my 1964 Ford Falcon, one of three Falcons I own, all '64.

I converted one years ago, I used a 67 Mustang dual brake master but it is very heavy and I want to use a lightweight master cylinder this time.

I bought a Cobra Automotive alloy 67 Mustang dual brake master but it is in every way larger than the steel version, so it won't fit, I knew a guy converting his master cylinder and when he removed his we checked to see if my alloy master would fit, it won't. By the way, it's for sale now, it's new never bolted on, by Cobra Automotive, $90 or o new but it will only fit a Mustang apparently.

I looked online, I was surprised that I did NOT find many search results for my query.

I know I read somewhere that the Geo Metro master fits, but cannot find it now.

How about you all, in your experience, what fits? I do not want boosted, just manual brakes.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Wilbur; August 29th, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Master Cylinder

Hello, Wilbur.

RE: "I converted one years ago, I used a 67 Mustang dual brake master but it is very heavy and I want to use a lightweight master cylinder this time."

As some general information, I weighed a 1967 Mustang master cylinder on a bathroom scale and found that it weighs 5.2 lbs.

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Another thing you need to consider here is the type of brakes the aluminium MC will have been working with, and it's internals. External size/fitment and weight is the least of your concerns. Most OE aluminium MC/s will likely have been designed for power brakes and front or all-4 disc brakes, so even if you could get it to fit - the braking may be horrific.

More likely you will find aftermarket M/C's (via Summit, Jeg's, Speedway Motors) which are aluminium and setup to replace the single stage Falcon M/C with a safer dual setup.

I don't shop at Speedway much, but looking there they have a nice "selection system" to help you. Look on the left side of the page - here:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/m...14-3-477-30478
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"