Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't worry, your orange tray is here (but two of them? I'm thinking 1 big one- not sure about a 2nd one.) Plenty of connectors. I had moved it off the work bench so I could see it. I was thinking about doing a picture of my connector kit (about 1" by 2" by 1" in size) compared to your connector kit (about 18" by 12" by 2" in size) and making a comparison of my falcon knowledge compared to yours...but I decided yours wasn't big enough for an accurate comparison! Now that I hear there's another tray somewhere...

I am getting a bit antsy...I would be anyway, but especially with that potential "extended business trip" I was telling you about. It is not all bad, but that is looking more and more imminent...more on that offline this weekend.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

PS...stopped by Napa at lunch. I'll have the valve cover gasket tomorrow just in case and the hose couplers for when I can get to extending and rerouting that heater hose. I looked in the old pictures, and it was slightly different than how I have it now. It still went left, but didn't hug the metal lines like I have it doing now.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    I looked in the old pictures, and it was slightly different than how I have it now. It still went left, but didn't hug the metal lines like I have it doing now.
    It's bad enough that they didn't add a heater control valve to shut off the flow of water through the base of the carburetor - so even in the middle of summer hot water flows through that. It's just not needed except on those cold foggy mornings which are perfect for inducing throttle plate icing. In general fuel likes to be cool. On my wagon I added a manual heater control valve to stop the flow of hot water through the heater hose. Car ran so much better in the summer after doing that. Anyway, a heater hose hard-up against the fuel line should always be avoided when you can. Easy fix, though you'll have to drain some water to do it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, do you feel like taking the upholstery stuffing and my old gas tank to the upcoming swap meet- is it worth any money for the club? Also- what about the engine stand? I don't have any room for it, but if it will bring the club some money it's a good thing. (Although I do hate to jinx things...you know how that goes. ) I also have some other salable stuff if you feel like taking it.

Unless anyone wants the old hood (tweaked a bit) it's also going to recycling Saturday. It's some great yard art or painting practice for someone...but it has to go. This darn storage unit is costing me a fortune. Storage unit costs more in a year than all the stuff inside it is worth.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

One more question Roger...do I need to buy some kind of "ratchet strap" (I'm sure you called it something else) for the suspension, or are you confident we can get it done with the strap I have? or do you have one you can bring?

Meanwhile, I also have your cherry bomb to get back to you...and (of course this could be anywhere in my garage...but) I seem to be missing a 5 point 1/2" 3/8 socket if you happen to see an extra one floating around in your bag...
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Don, I'll have a look at the stuff you have for the swap and advise when I see it.

I still have all the same bags and stuff we loaded last Saturday, so we'll look in them for the socket. I assume you meant 6-point 1/2" 3/8 socket. I've got oodles of spare sockets from a variety of collections over the years. I'll check to see if I have another spare and bring it just in case.

I was using the ratcheting strap to try and compress (foolishly) those hard rubber bushings. If I need anything like that, yours was OK for the need.

I hope I'll have time to get you headed in all the right directions at once.

Should be there about 9AM if I can get out of here by 8.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"