Thread: Stella's Re-Birth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lookin' good

Marion,

Thanks for sharing the progress and pics on your '64 2-door post. Also, I have a '64 2 dr hard top parts car with LOTS of stuff you might like or want. The body is complete with all the trim in very good condition. It was an original 6 cylinder Futura, but now is minus the motor/trans. I have a set of late model electronic bucket seats or some original hard back buckets from a Torino that may interest you too. My plans for this hardtop is to make it into a combo Rat Rod/Resto Mod that will look not so great, but haul ***.

FYI, I saw your smoked ribs and would be willing to barter some smoked steelhead if/when the time comes. I've been told by many people in the northwest it is the best smoked fish they've ever tasted!

Keep the pics/updates coming.

Rod
    Rod Neumann, Spokane, WA
    1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible

Pat got his `63 to primer and brought it down to the Maaco on Westlake. I'm not usually a fan of the chains but this particular Maaco is really good. They've got 70+ reviews on Yelp and a 5-star rating. They did a very nice job for the money. They were very accommodating and willing to do exactly what Pat wanted.

I know Lacey is a bit far from Seattle but maybe you can check some of the chains around Olympia and see if you can find an exceptional one. If you have a really nice base for them to paint, and get an extra coat of clear put on, you can do the cut and buff yourself to really make it shine and save some $$.

Damn! That brisket looks good. I grew up in Kansas City and when I go back I always get a "burnt ends" platter or sandwich. That's the end pieces of the brisket that get all carmalized and super smokey. The ones you usually pick off and eat when your cutting it up!

Keep up the good work!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Pat got his `63 to primer and brought it down to the Maaco on Westlake. I'm not usually a fan of the chains but this particular Maaco is really good. They've got 70+ reviews on Yelp and a 5-star rating. They did a very nice job for the money. They were very accommodating and willing to do exactly what Pat wanted.

I know Lacey is a bit far from Seattle but maybe you can check some of the chains around Olympia and see if you can find an exceptional one. If you have a really nice base for them to paint, and get an extra coat of clear put on, you can do the cut and buff yourself to really make it shine and save some $$.

Damn! That brisket looks good. I grew up in Kansas City and when I go back I always get a "burnt ends" platter or sandwich. That's the end pieces of the brisket that get all carmalized and super smokey. The ones you usually pick off and eat when your cutting it up!

Keep up the good work!
    I will check into Maaco down here, but I have found a guy in the Olympia area that will do the full paint job for 3500.00 including the final sand, but I am now thinking if its not that had to do the final sanding I will have to ask his price for letting me have the car after the final clear coat goes on.

I enjoyed his Idea for my green to be the Organic Green from house of kolors. it all depends on your primer color and metallic as to the darkness of the green in the end.

HUMMMMM Im scared about the Organic green also due to the images i have seen of it for the low-riders LOL

And Brisket YUMMMMMM My relator said he wanted Brisket for a dinner party so i set forth on Smoking a Brisket. My 3rd one was awesome and the rest since then have followed the same pattern. Nothing wrong with a great smoke.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Quote Originally Posted by TechBoss View Post
    Marion,

Thanks for sharing the progress and pics on your '64 2-door post. Also, I have a '64 2 dr hard top parts car with LOTS of stuff you might like or want. The body is complete with all the trim in very good condition. It was an original 6 cylinder Futura, but now is minus the motor/trans. I have a set of late model electronic bucket seats or some original hard back buckets from a Torino that may interest you too. My plans for this hardtop is to make it into a combo Rat Rod/Resto Mod that will look not so great, but haul ***.

FYI, I saw your smoked ribs and would be willing to barter some smoked steelhead if/when the time comes. I've been told by many people in the northwest it is the best smoked fish they've ever tasted!

Keep the pics/updates coming.

Rod
    I got most of what I need for her for the most part. however today I decided to replace 3 of the 4 floor pans, UGH.

I'm not a fish eater due to allergies but Im will to Smoke a meal anytime we can set it up...

Which brings me to seats. Im installing 66 Mustang Low Back Bucket seats, and have been thinking of a way to make risers for them. so my question to all here is:

"Has anyone tried to order the Seat Pan Risers for a Mustang and installed them with success in a Falcon?"

From what I have seen the Mustang seat risers are separate from the floor pan on a mustang, and weld right in. I can get both sides for 64.00 I am thinking i will be the genie pig for this venture. I noticed others installing flat track seats with all kinds of ideals but i have a feeling this will add little support to the frame and body but should work with small modification.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here