Thread: Ordering parts from FalconParts.com

Ordering parts from FalconParts.com

I am sure many of you order from Ron and Rosie at FalconParts.com, but in case you haven't in a while, and intend to, please make note of my recent experience.

I tried ordering my fuel gauge sending unit from them last night and had AVS (address verification system) errors. After calling the order in today, and finding out that even another card had problems, but was made to work by pushing the SE in my address in between the numbers - I thought I should send them a note. Rosie called me back and suggested calling the credit card company and Authorize.net. I tried the card issuer first who said everything was correct on their end.

So I tried again to order something from them and I still had failures and couldn't get the order to go through. So this time I called Authorize.net who handles the in-between parts of the ordering. After explaining it all to them they looked into the settings being used by FP.com and it appears to combining my 3 digit address with my numerical street name. The credit card authorization system could not (for a reason nobody can explain) parse these as a 3-digit street address followed by a 3-digit road name. It appears it tried to merge them into something it thought to be more logical - like 1261 43rd St. Or something. And denied the sale.

As I said, nobody can explain "exactly" what it was doing (computers doing it behind the scenes), but after trying a few things, the fix, for me, was to use the Address 1 and the Address 2 fields on their online ordering page. I divided the 126 from the 143rd St. this way - and everything was happy.

Hopefully this helps someone ordering from them. They're great folks to work with and I'd hate a computer system be responsible for them loosing sales.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 9th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

As a slight correction, the manager at FP.com indicates it is not related to 3 digits and I have appending my notice accordingly. There is something on their system not allowing addresses with digits followed by digits; i.e., 1234 123rd St, to parse correctly. It may be grouping all the numbers together, but nobody can say what it's actually doing. Only that it can't read my address and they think it is digits followed by digits. My suggestion to use Address 1 for "1234" and Address 2 for "123rd St" is an ugly fix. But it worked. Hopefully it will help you, since a lot of addresses here are numbers followed by numbered streets.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 9th, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I thought they retired a while ago, since they were selling all their cars and ect..? jh

That was NW Classic Falcons in Oregon that closed.

I had the same issue with FalconParts.com several months ago and I have the same format for an address. I just called Rosie the next morning to see if the order went through. She said they had been having problems so she just took my order over the phone.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Yeah - I was given a pretty lengthy (but friendly) explanation of why this is happening, or better yet what is causing it to happen. The explanation of "how come" it is happening, is another thing entirely. Why is because they have turned on very high level of security for address verification due to some problems they had with orders being disputed, and monies being refunded (with no parts returned, I guess) because the billing address on-line didn't match billing address at the card issuer and the card holder used this as a means to get a refund.

"How come" this is an issue makes no sense to me and was my concern for them. I manage our shopping cart system at work which uses address verification too, so I'm not wholly ignorant of this process. In my case, which differed from a couple examples I was given where the bank actually did, internally, have addresses messed up, which needed to be fixed, mine was simply that I had street numbers followed by numbered street names. Nothing was actually broken and my address is likely just the same as a couple million addresses or more just in WA, OR, and CA that all follow this convention. I can't see why this is not being addressed - not by Falcon Enterprises, mind you, but by Authorize.net. Authorize.net actually suggested to me that I change my address [everywhere it is used] to 126 One Hundred Forty Third St. SE. I said Essentially I said that was ridiculous and left it at that.

Can anyone tell I'm having withdrawals now that the Flarechero is done?

So, I tried ordering with 2 different credit cards from two different issuers - both failed for the same reason. The second was the only one that went through, but was only allowed to go through when the manager at FE pushed the South East [SE], which is supposed to be at the end of my street address as a separator between my address and street name. But, uh hum... that's not my address or street name and should actually negate the whole reason behind address verification. If I have to enter the incorrect address to get address verification to work - what's the point of having address verification? The only way I was able to get these two cards to work on their system, without changing my address from what was on record, was to use Address 1 and Address 2 as a "hard break" between the numbers.

I think the code in the software used by Authorize.net can't or hasn't been set up to read a "space" as a delimiter. So it reads all the numbers as one string. It's a bug in their code, or at the banks code feeding Authorize.net gateways. Either way, it is all on Authorize.net to fix this, but their suggestion is to have us all change the spelling of our addresses. Foolishness.

All I can hope is that until they get the problem solved for people like (now more than) me, other users will happen upon and read this thread and know the work-around. If they get frustrated trying to order on-line and instead buy from another vendor, for who there are a few now, that would be sad. Kenny and I both opted to call them, but how many don't?

I know, too much information. That's a curse of mine. I need a new project.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 11th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"