Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Here are a couple shots of what I have now. I see that I need to tighten that cable nut before any more driving.

Notice the black bracket that the cable housing mounts to. That is just a 1/8" steel plate bent 90 degrees with some carefully placed holes. It bolts to some cast in bosses on the #8 intake runner. I don't remember if the manifold Gene has now has those bosses. One could just make a bracket that used the two rear carb studs instead.

Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Well.... I didn't get mine done/running for Christmas, but I'm so close I can almost taste it! Hopefully in the next week or two.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Looking great Gene! Did you get the parts in time for the front end?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yup. Didn't get 'em on yet with all the holiday doin's happening right now. I did get the replacement bolts and got them installed. Also got the last of the harnesses prepared, but not on. Pro'ly get back to it on Monday.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

If you need a hand Gene...... let me know. Im FINALLY off of work. I will be free anytime after Tuesday
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Still making progress, even though it's cold, and this is the FAMILY time of year. Roger has been here to help a couple of times and, being the "Rube Goldberg" kind of guy he is, has gotten my throttle linkage to work using much of the original hardware. Attached is a pic of the result. Very sanitary. Gonna get out there and brave the cold again today. Hope to attempt starting the engine REAL soon.

Have a SAFE and enjoyable New Years celebration!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Have a Happy new year

thats great , you'll have it going in no time. If you to feel that you may need adult supervision give me a shout, if I am not busy , I'll come over. Falcon 1

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Roger has been here to help a couple of times and, being the "Rube Goldberg" kind of guy he is...
    I think I better look up who this Rube guy is, and soon. No telling what Gene is really saying here about me.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"