Thread: Shock Absorbers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shock Absorbers

Hi guys! I am planning to replace the shock absorbers on my 1965 Ford Falcon Sedan. I have heard good things about Bilstein Shocks. My question is what specific series among their line of shock absorbers would fit my ride? I am tempted to order one online. Please help.

I'm not familiar, but the site you supplied seems to focus on 4x4's and such. Looking them over elsewhere (the brand, not the specific part number, which is eluding my quick search) I would go with street valving unless you are planning to do something more hardcore race-like with this.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Bilstein makes a great shock. I have there sport shocks on one of my cars.
    Look at this site for a good place to buy.

http://shox.com/

I'm not sure they will have the Falcon specific front sock. You may have to buy the 65 Mustang version and change the shock tower cap.

My Falcon has Edelbrock shocks and I like them very much FWIW.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Shock absorbers

I installed a set of KYB GR2 / Excel-G shock absorbers on my 1963 Falcon. They seem to do what they are supposed to do. This is from my notes: For “Original Ride Quality" from Rock Auto. The shocks cost $24.79/ea. for the front and $17.81/ea. for the rear. “These shock absorbers are a new design from the experts at KYB. As the latest introduction from KYB, the GR-2 gas shocks offer the best possible combination of ride and performance for vintage cars.” “Ride Comfort is important, but restoring a vehicle's Ride Control; stability, stopping, lane change responsiveness and handling, is critical. KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts are designed for the most important performance purpose: Restore the vehicle's original capabilities. KYB is the world's largest supplier of shocks and struts to new vehicle manufacturers. The Excel-G is made on the same KYB OE assembly lines, uses the same OE quality components and is calibrated to restore original, designed performance, not change it. That earned Excel-G this classification: OEA (Original Equipment for the Aftermarket). The KYB Excel-G is a Nitrogen gas-charged twin-tube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include.”
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 5th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)