Thread: DuraSpark in a 6 cyl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DuraSpark in a 6 cyl

Don't we have a tech article somewhere about this, or was I just dreaming... or reading about it on the T # F # F # N # or something? I can snag a distributor and ignition box of a late 70's Granada with a 250 six and was curious if this will actually be what I need, or not.

I'll search the bowels of T F F N I guess.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 4th, 2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

OK, never mind. It was on the inline 6 web site. I decided to go get it anyway. Whether I use it or not is still up in the air. Cheap at twice the price at Pull a Part either way. This car has a 250 six if anyone is interested in yanking the head off of it. Someone already got the front spindles.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The Duraspark II is a nice, cheap, easy upgrade and really makes a difference. I put one in with an MSD module. Here's a link I had that has some good info and one on how to recurve it if you want to get fancy. I bought the recurve kit at Action Auto but haven't done it yet. Maybe I'll have time to fiddle with it before the drive to Salem??

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mustangsix/Engine/duraspark.htm

http://www.reincarnation-automotive....ons_index.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Year looks like a nice setup. I may not be able to do this now that I have all the parts. I read on the Ford Six forum last night that you have to have a late model block to use the DS distributor. The pump shaft is 5/16" on the later models and 1/4" on the earlier models. And my block is a 65 model as far as I'm aware. I guess you can pull the pan and change the oil pump and shaft as well as ream the dist gear pilot hole, but I'm not going to be doing that anytime soon. Maybe I'll just clean it all up and sell it on ebay. Got it all for like $25 at Pull-a-Part.

I have a Pertronix now, but the idle is rather rough and is fine off-idle. I may be feeding it 9 volts, so I'll be checking that before we head down south.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"