Thread: 1965 Falcon Fuel Sending unit

1965 Falcon Fuel Sending unit

I have a fuel sending unit that I "think" is OK...free to anyone that can make use of it. It came out of my 65 convertible and had been working fine. Then I noticed it would real pretty low but sometimes seem to start showing a reading that was close to what fuel I had in the car.

I replaced it with a new unit....when I pulled the old unit out I noticed the float had a small amount of fuel in it....which I believe created the issue.

Although I think the float was the issue I can't say for sure if the sending unit has an issue or not. I believe there is a way to test it.

I would prefer to give it away to someone that could make use of it versus just tossing it. If there is a need might be worth a try before paying $40 plus shipping for a new one. I think I have seen floats sell for about $6 on the internet.

Just kick me an email if interested. I live in the Buckley/Enumclaw area but work in Auburn off of HWY 167....I could take it to the office to be picked up if needed.
    Hal

Hal,

Send me a PM on this, if you would. I'd be interested in it for... grins and giggles. I recently installed one and think it is bad. Would like to compare one to the other.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"