Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Big Brakes Are Here

The replacement control arm was waiting for me on my front porch when I got home. That was great but I'm on my way to Orcas Island for a three day weekend. I will not have a chance to work on this until Monday after work. With any luck, I'll be able to have this done in time for the Wednesday meeting.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

The car is all bolted back together. The only tasks left are to bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes. Sadly that will not be done in time to drive it tomorrow. I also need to get an alignment done.
    Patrick Brown

The brakes are bled, wheels polished and bolted on, and the car is off the jack stands. Now I need to schedule the alignment. I also need to take a lap around the block to get the front end to settle. The springs are new and I want to see what the ride height will be. I may need to trim some to get the stance right again.
    Patrick Brown

Good job Patrick, I am learning that patience is a good thing when it comes to our cars. I want mine to run so bad it is stupid. But just keep picking away at the list and it gets done eventually.
    How does everything look all clean and polished?? I hope you can see the calipers through the wheels.

I just took it for a drive around the hood to get everything settled. The front is a little too high for my tastes. I think the springs need to be cut. I'm thinking about taking 1/2 a coil off. That should drop it about an inch.
    Last edited by pbrown; May 25th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Patrick Brown

Will the coils settle after driving them a bit? Don't cut too much you would have to bag it then. Just kidding can't go too low can you??

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Will the coils settle after driving them a bit?
    They will a bit. One thought I had was to align it as is and drive it for a month before cutting the spring. It would need another alignment after.
    Patrick Brown

I cut 1/3rd of a coil off this morning and dropped the car off at the alignment shop.
    Patrick Brown

I'm back from the alignment but without an alignment job. The equipment that Les Schwabb has won't work on the old Falcon. This is a new thing. They were able to align it in the past. I dropped by the Firestone center on the way home. Same story.

Now I need to find a shop that can deal with old cars.
    Patrick Brown

I've always taken mine to Tru-Line on Boren, north of Jackson. The Yesler Terrace area.

http://www.trulineseattle.com/

I usually drop it off in the AM and pick it up after work. They always do a great job and have worked on my `62 sedan 4 times without a hitch. All 5-star reviews on Yelp too.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

If all else fails I have a castor/camber gauge and turn plates you can use if you want to do it your self.

Interesting, the Schwabb over here has done all mine so far? The only difference with yours is the rack and pinion right??

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Interesting, the Schwabb over here has done all mine so far? The only difference with yours is the rack and pinion right??
    There is a device that must be attached to the rear wheel and the car gets rolled with this thing attached. It would hit the wheel well. They tell me that this is new within the last couple of months. The older system they had would have worked. It has nothing to do with the R&P.
    Patrick Brown

Patrick,I just took my car up to clarks in totem lake and they did the 3 way for 65.00 and years ago they had the rear wheel things that don't fit in the cut out on a falcon either, now they have the kind that fit, it sure goes down the road really great now...by the way what stall speed do you have in your C-4 ?? thanks...jh

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    ...by the way what stall speed do you have in your C-4 ?? thanks...jh
    My converter is a custom made unit from Edge Racing. It has a stall rating of 3200.

http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/
    Patrick Brown