Thread: Scarebird conversion, new fenders, and tons of fun!

Scarebird conversion, new fenders, and tons of fun!

Well, I finally got my Falcon project underway. I jacked it up today and pulled all the wheels and began pulling the front fenders off to replace them with my freshly painted fenders. While they are off I'll be bolting on all the Scarebird parts and rebuilding the back brakes too. Hopefully won't take too much time so I can then start building the engine for my truck and doing that engine swap in the next week or so as well...

So.... tons of fun if there's anybody who want to swing by and watch/learn/help/critique/break things... whatever! I've got a pretty full plate, so there'll be plenty to do if anyone is so inclined. I want to make sure it's ready for the Ford show at Scarff Ford, which I'll be going to.

If anyone want to they can call me at 2ohsix2nineoh3ohnine3

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, I wish I could lend a hand but I am three years behind on a seven year itch. I am excited to view the results. I have seen your work and know your standards... it will be perfect.

Thanks Jeff... I didn't really expect anybody to jump onto my work bandwagon in a weekday project. I'm on 3 weeks vacation, so I'm doing this project first. So far, so good. Have the fenders off and all the brake parts off and new parts are just about ready to go on. Those of you interested in this Scarebird install might want to go to the Scarebird tech thread (on this forum) to see a new addition I came up with as I stared the thing down yesterday. It just seemed something was missing when we did Gary's and it struck me yesterday what it was as I was cleaning all the grease and grime off the front end -- it'd the shields that go behind ALL disc brake setups. So, I high-tailed to the Pull-a-Part today and looked at all the cars for the perfect shield. Add late 70's Volvo to the list of cars donating parts to the Falcon 6-cyl front disc conversion. See photo's in the Scarebird thread, if interested.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"