Thread: New Brake Booster Option

New Brake Booster Option

RRS has a new under dash booster. I heard that it will fit early Falcons.
    http://www.rrs-online.com/boosters.php
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks for the head's up, Patrick - look's like an interesting setup. I've been thinking about going to a power booster ever since I added my granada brakes, and figured I'd do it when I pull my cylinder head off so I'd have more room to move about. It's been awhile since I've looked under my dash, but it look's to me like this would be a pretty tight fit. It WOULD be nice to have the master cylinder mounted in a more accessable place though!
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I don't mind the MC being under the dash as long and the tank can be mounted under the hood. It looks like that is what they are doing.
    Patrick Brown

I can't say I've ever seen something like that before, but I'm with Thor on that one. I can't see how there's room for that unless you take the support for the steering column out and possibly the windshield wiper motor. I'm sure there's more room under the dash on a later model Ford, but boy, I'm not seeing it under my dash. Besides... once it starts drippin' fluid on my blue suede shoes, it'd be all over.

I'm from Missouri on this one for the time being.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I was thinking about the dripping too, Roger. I haven't looked under my dash for awhile, but it look's like that booster would be in close vicinity to the wiper motor, as well as possibly the radio (?). My stereo's in my glovebox at the moment, but hope to eventually get an in-dash unit and don't know if they're bigger than the stock radio or not.

It's been a few years since I did my front end swap, but when I got my granada tie rod adaptors from Mustang Steve, he was working on a power booster setup that would fit under the hood, and when I inquired he said that a customer had used it on a falcon. Need to look into that again...
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

I'm sure it would fit. It was designed for a 64 Falcon. They were going to send a test unit to me a couple of months ago but I wasn't able to properly test it with the car is pieces so I declined. The initial plumbing would be a PITA but it sure would clean up the firewall.
    Patrick Brown

Well, I guess they may figure if you're gong to go to that extreme you may not be putting some other stuff back under there as well. In the 64/5 there's also a big vent housing just to the left of the clutch pedal and the wiper motor just to the right. I agree, if it would fit it would clean under the hood, but (wo)man... is it really worth all that? I wish they'd post some more close-ups of it.

There's a lot of people who say to use the Geo Metro setup to get dual MC and PB booster... but when I went out and looked at Geo Metro's at the Pull-a-part they almost all had front end damage. Sort of made me wonder "why?"

I, of course, did the Scarebird brakes and had non-PB 67 Mustang MC, and it stops with little or no effort without PB. But I don't have a 331 Stroker to try and slow down either.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"