Thread: Dash plastic

Dash plastic

Anyone know where I can get a set of the four plastic dash pieces for my 64 Futura. I need to get some re-chromed and mine aren't in good enough shape. thanks Larry

Hi Larry,

I don't know where to suggest looking for dash pieces (Actually, someone told me that Northwest Falcons in Portland is going out of business - they have a lot of used stuff), but if you find used ones they still may need rechroming. A friend had his dash pieces re-chromed by a place up in Canada. He said the name is CV Vacume(spelling?) Platers. He didn't send a link but suggested google-ing the name.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Check this out. They do restoration of Falcon trim pieces including the interior plastic trim.

http://www.shineonmetrim.com/

I will be sending my grill and headlight buckets to them soon.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    I will be sending my grill and headlight buckets to them soon.
    Are you having them polished or reanodized? And I just gotta ask...what do they charge to do a `62 grill & headlight trim???

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Dash plastic

I have checked with so many companies about re-chroming and there prices have been, shall we say, out of reach. I found a car that had all four of his pieces done from Chrome Tech USA and they charge less than half what the others do. The work was beautiful. It is $350 and if I can I will attach a picture that they sent me. Larry

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/64%20falcon.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry to respond so late but I have been out of action for awhile. I have the old dash pieces from my '65 Futura. I am not sure they are the same and would fit but they are in good shape, in fact the piece that covers the radio is brand new plastic (not chromed.) Let me know if you are interested.

Jerry Kirby

Dash plastic

Thanks Jerry but I found some parts and have them sent off for plating. Should be getting them back soon I hope. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kirby View Post
    Sorry to respond so late but I have been out of action for awhile. I have the old dash pieces from my '65 Futura. I am not sure they are the same and would fit but they are in good shape, in fact the piece that covers the radio is brand new plastic (not chromed.) Let me know if you are interested.

Jerry Kirby
    Jerry how much you want for them ? Any pic's ?
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com

Earl,
    Once again i apoligize for taking so long in answering. I have hit a snag on what I originally was going to do with the dash on my '65 I have a Hanoline instrument panel already installed so that part I removed will be available, however I may have to use the other pieces. Will let you know. I sure hope you are not in a big rush.

Jerry