Thread: sanding...

sanding...

I've got a 1965 falcon futura that I am currently stripping down and repainting. does anyone have any suggestions on how to sand the wierd little grooves that run along above the windows?

Any way you could post a picture? I'm more familiar with the 60-63 body style and never noticed grooves on the 64-65.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

63vert Guest
    Hi-

Sorry that I’m not answering your question…but I’m wondering where you plan to have your car painted? I need to find a place, perhaps one that does interiors as well.

Also I notice that you are not the only one who is sanding their car, do most people do their own sanding and priming? How difficult of a project it is?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 63vert View Post
    Also I notice that you are not the only one who is sanding their car, do most people do their own sanding and priming? How difficult of a project it is?
    It's a big job and if you don't mind starting a new thread, I'll tell you all about it.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63vert Guest
    I am not quite ready to tackle sanding. Let me get all the remaining trim off my car, and then I'll gladly start a new thread.