Thread: Cowl Painting

Cowl Painting

I saw BrianJ's post where he is working on the cowl area of his car and it made me think about how I am going to paint inside the cowl area when I paint my car. With everyone who has painted their cars maybe someone has some tips?? Larry

It's tough to almost impossible. You can reach up through the big holes under the dash and just fog Hammerite or something all over up in there, but you'll never see whether you got all the spots or not. It was just an area that was supposed to be "out of sight, out of mind" -- and that's pretty much what I think most people try to do -- until holes start forming where there shouldn't be any.

My car rarely sees water any more, so I figure what is... is the worst it will ever be.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

cowl painting

Thanks Roger. I sprayed the rest of the primer yesterday. Hottest day in recorded temp history here. Got soaked from sweat but the fresh air breathing set up worked great and kept the air coming to me cooler. Didn't spray inside the cowl other than through the vent slots. May try to shoot some color up through the duct holes with a "Preval".
    Guess I will have to see how to change my Club name from "BlackFalcon" to something else. Guess that's what I get for choosing a logon name based on paint color before I painted my car. Yellowfalcon just doesn't sound right though.

Kenny and I went over to Brian's to see the naked cowl... I practiced my wrist contortions when I could see where it's going. I think with a rubber glove, a foam sponge drenched with Rust Encapolator and some fancy moves I can get at all the potential trouble spots. I already reached up there with a hose, soap and a scotch brite to clean the best I could. It looks like a trouble spot is the little "brim" of the top hat. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get some seam sealer on that spot.

How about we call you "Daffodil"?

Cowl painting

Daffodil???? I like Yellowfalcon better than that. Come on. There has to be something better than Daffodil!!!!!!!

This may give you ideas.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/color...n/p/yellow.htm

http://anime.collectiondx.com/galler..._1224.JPG.html

Google "Yellow Falcon" gets you 4,700,00 hits -- so others seem to think it's a good name. ScreaminYellow; SunnyFalcon; NotaLemon; LemonFreshFalcon; FallowYelcon; or vice verse;
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"