Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update pics

Finally got the engine bay, door frames, door edges, lower surface of hood and trunk painted. Installed the engine and transmission along with the front suspension. Working on master cylinder and brake/fuel lines. Then will install hood, trunk and doors. Final painting coming soon I hope. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very impressive.

I like it. Will it be on the road by Spring?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Update pics

I hope so, but knowing how slow I am????. It has taken me 3 months to get from the practice fender I painted to this point. I still have to paint the exterior, then color sand and buff it all out. Don't have a clue how long it will take to get all the electrical, interior, seals and all the glass put back in. Still have to get the exhaust put in and run the engine for the first time. Spring would be nice, but I guess I'll see???
    It would sure be nice if everyone would like to volunteer a tech day when it comes to the start up of the engine. I don't have much experience at that. Crap, I don't have much experience at any of this. Oh well, long time before I get ready for that. No since thinking beyond painting for now. One thing I do feel good about. I am still making progess.

Looking great, Larry! I would sure like to be there for the start-up. Count me in!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'm in too. I'll bring my ear plugs... I think we will need them. WOW!

Update pics

I will have the exhaust on by then but we can open the electric exhaust dumps. I already warned my neighbors that I want to make it loud some Saturday morning. They are good folks so I think the Mill (Yuppie) Creek patrol will leave me alone.

Looks great!!!

Well Larry, if that is the quality you are getting by taking your time. Just enjoy what you are doing, and dont put to much pressure on yourself.
    Looks great!!!!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Larry - Sorry for the late post... was out of town for a week.

This is looking VERY NICE. The detail is impeccable. Like all other members, you are welcome to request a tech day or days, so when you get closer to that, post a thread and make sure you contact Kenny, Patrick, or myself to send a notice out via an email as well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Well, I got back from our trip to Tucson so it's back to work on the car. Thought I would attach a couple of pics of the polishing work. I have the trunk finished, the right rear quarter, hood is done but I am not satisfied so more work to go. I have a few repairs to perform on the left quarter and around the roof rails. Getting there but it is so slow and soooo cold. Pics are of the right quarter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is looking very nice. Keep up the good work.

Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Well, that at least explains the bright yellow glow I see just over the hill... I hope you're wearing your sunglasses.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"