Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now I've done it! 62 Van

Engine cleaned painted and powder coated. Should go in this week sometime. That will give me a few weeks to drive before the mini meet...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks nice, perhaps we can bookend the club cars with our vans
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Very nice looking Steve. Should run a lot better now.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hope to have it running this weekend. Then go through the brakes, and clean and adjust the shifter and should be in business. I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks for the reminder. I gotta pull my shifter out of my wagon as well as the pedal assembly. Getting too hard to use the clutch and the shifter assy is ratty and loose. Have another to get parts from now, so will make it better. Can't imagine the shifting mess from a van like that. It's hard enough when they are 12" long. What kind of transmission did this have?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Yup. Lookin' good. Love those Ford BLUE motors!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

It has the stock 3 speed in it for now. Brian picked me up a 9" out of a parts Van so I will switch to an auto and 9" this winter maybe..?

Yeah, I guess it would be hard to put a floor shifter into one of these - wouldn't it? Even with an automatic, it would be kind'a tough. What sort of things have people done for this?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I think there is room to put one of those Lokar shifters in there. I stink a stick you would be banging your knuckles off the dash and the doghouse??
    I will probably use the same shifter I put in the delivery just a longer handle.

New engine is in and running, now to button up the cooling system and on to the brakes.. Runs great hope I can make it stop as well...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you got 'er in and hooked it up the best you could just to hear it run. Pretty cool.

On another note about these vans, I know somebody who has one of these with the extended tail-end and was used as a fire department truck. Pretty good shape and I think he's selling it for about $2500. I plan to take some pictures and post it for him.

And before it's said... no, I don't need a van too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"