Thread: Roof rack location

Roof rack location

I know roof racks were a dealer installed option so the location was determined by the monkey doing the install. It would be nice to have a starting point based on a mounted unit. Can someone with a wagon with a rack give me a measurement from the rear drip rail?

I've spent the last few nights standing at the buffing wheel giving the stainless runners some shine.

How do they look all buffed out???? I can measure the holes I patched on the delivery tonight for you....

The runners take me about 1-1/2 hours each strip (as you know there are six of them). I'm only going a half decent job and polishing out the light scratches.... they really shine and look wonderful from a few feet away. I didn't go to the next level and tackle the deep scratches... maybe in a couple of years when I remove it to rechrome the pot metal parts.

Totally worth the effort. Since I still have one old one, I'll see if a photo does tthe work justice.

Here is my attempt at a quick polish... If you can't tell the difference, I'll just stop now.

Thanks in advance for your measurement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry for the delay. It is cold and dark when I get home and all I want to do is go inside. But I finally measured where the hole from the roof rack were on the delivery.... From the back drip rail edge is 16" to the screw hole. These were as close as I could get on those due to body work. However I measured from the front holes as well and they were at 26" from the edge of the windshield body line. Hope that helps with the location... The rack was pretty much just centered from side to side...

Jeff; off topic but I printed a pic of that latch piece you need. I am sure I have one. I will look in the pile and set it aside.
    So the list is: 1ea backup light gasket, Door latch spring thing, and I thought one other item??? Refresh my memory please. Thanks Steve..

Oh yeah, a regulator for the drivers side... That's not for you though...

Thanks for the measurements on the roof rack.

The door latch spring thing (Door Latch Remote) is for the drivers side... the Pass side has the spring on the other side. If you match the picture you will be good.

The other item is the Drivers side front parking light assembly. That too is different than the Pass side.

I'll get you a picture. Can you PM me your email address?

Maybe Roger will be going to your area again. I'll have to buy him a Shake for gas money.

Maybe so... maybe so...

Blackberry - next Wednesday - 7PM PST
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"