Thread: Ghetto garage

Ghetto garage

As Bill Williams called them...

I picked up one from Costco the other day with the help of Gene and he and I assembled it on Saturday. I had to get a little creative to make it level with having such a funky driveway. Doesn't look half bad.

If the weather holds out, I plan to put the Flarechero back into the garage tomorrow and put the wagon under this so I can get the 'chero done faster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 31st, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Just out of curiosity how much do those "Ghetto Garages cost?" One can never have too much space right???

Costco had 10 the day I went to see them on Tuesday (after Gene called saying they had them again). They were down to 5 on Friday when I picked one up. They cost $217 with tax. On-line, I see them going upwards for $1000 if they have any features at all.

This one has front and back openings with zippers for a "through-drive" which I needed to get cars through it into the garage. It also has a side door that opens up like an awning and 4 fresh-air vented windows of about 3'x3' in size. All this is Velcro'd closed at the moment. So, not bad for all you get. It all snaps together very quickly. If it were not for the slope of the driveway, Gene and I could have put it together in about 20 minutes. It helps to have another set of hands, but I know it can be done with only 2 hands.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That's not ghetto. I think it needs to be "tarp blue" to qualify!

Very nice though! I should consider that so mine doesn't have to suffer the winter rains...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

OK - then I guess that's what happens once this cover fails and you still have a frame. I think I'd go with a green tarp after this one fails. How can you go wrong going green?

I think for the price it's pretty good quality. I'll debate whether to keep it up once the Ranchero is out of the garage. At the very least it would keep the tree sap off of the car if I remove the sides. I'm not a big fan of these as they come... aesthetically.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"