Thread: Crap

Crap

You all remember the pictures of my trunk area? I built the fiberglas surround for the interior? Well, I am sick and tired of trying to get gas to go down that darn inlet so I am going to redo the aft sections and go to the inside the trunk filler. Hate to tear that all apart, but crap what a pain to fill this thing up. Any way, I will show additional pictures when I get it all done. This is what it looks like now, and soon to be destroyed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Why do you have to destroy it? Cant it be done by adding a filler neck from a late 60s pick up? I dont understand why you would have to tear it all out? Youve done a great job. Guys am I wrong here?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Hate to see you destroy all that great work. Does the fiberglass run all the way around the trunk?
    Seems you should be able to keep all your stereo stuff if you are just doing the inside the trunk filler? I have never seen your car in person yet so I don't know the whole layout but what a bummer....

I can't remember what it looks like on the tail-end, but I recall it does wrap. I'm sure Larry, you won't need to do more than modify it a little. Even those of us with the wagons and Ranchero's dread filling up, which is why I'm so happy I did the Jag cap thing like Jeff did. Fill 'er up? No problem.

I normally have a couple of those filler tubes from the 67-72 F-100 pickups here to offer, but I seem to have given them all away. They used to be gimme's at Pick and Pull. From the sounds of it they may want $20 for them now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"