I do not know how old the fuel pump is on my car and am thinking about replacing it with a new one. Or at least having a new one in my trunk. They are only $35, so it isn't a huge investment. I've looked at different parts store web sites and the only brand that they all seem to carry is "Airtex".

Airtex Fuel Pump.jpg

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether this brand is OK, or have a recommendation as to something that would be better?

See: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...93300_806779_0_

"Airtex mechanical pumps are precision-cast units designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications. Airtex is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electrical fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies, with over 70 years of fuel delivery system expertise."

• Upgraded seals and laminated pump diaphragms ensure compatibility with modern multi fuel blends
  • OE or better performance
  • Heat treated and hardened rocker arm
  • Case-hardened pins deliver durability and reliable performance

Product Details

Part Number: 6838 Weight: 2.2 lbs Warranty: 1 YR Notes: Mechanical Fuel Pump Gaskets Included: Yes Inlet Attachement: Tube Inlet Count: 1 Inlet Size: 5/16 Item Grade: OEM Standard Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 40 Maximum Pressure Range (psi): 5.5 Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 40 Minimum Pressure Range (psi): 4.5 Outlet Attachment: Threaded Outlet Count: 1 Outlet Size: 1/8-27 NPSF Package Contents: Mechanical Fuel Pump