Thread: Bucket Seat bolts

Bucket Seat bolts

I purchased two mustang bucket seats on ebay for my 64 Futura and am drilling the holes for the installation. Since I had bench seats there isn't a pad for the seat to rest on in the inboard aft location so I will need to fabricate that pad or devise a support. The question is...has anyone done this and if so.....any tips would be appreciated. Also will need a longer stud to reach through that new pad area to go through the floor pan. Has anyone found longer studs? Or did you make new ones? A few pictures attached. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

The rear inner seat mount on my 62 sits on a dense rubber pad. It kind of reminds me of the rubber that hockey pucks are made from. My fasteners are studs with nuts under the car.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I wonder, now that I see them in there, whether you can use the seat base sheetmetal for the Mustang. It's not expensive, like $30 per side. The Mustang has holes in the floor and the seat studs do not exit the floor underneath. Your studs stay in this panel and nuts go up through the floor and when all is said and done you use 1.5" plugs to cover the holes underneath. May be the ticket.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"