Thread: New to Rainier

Murff Guest

New to Rainier

Hello, all.

I've been lofting mostly at fordmuscle.com and decided to checkout the FCA which in turn lead me here.

I need to point out that my Falcon, a '68 Futura, is set up for drag race only. I mention that as I know some organizations don't particularly care for drag racers and I'm Ok with that if that turns out to be the case here. As a matter of fact, when I tell people I'm in to drag racing they usually start talking real slow to me and use very small words. Oh well.

Here's a shot of my '68.

Murff
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are welcome here. Fast is good. In fact we love Drag Racers, when you remove all that "extra" weight such as trim, bumpers and the like, we will be right there to take it off your hands and strap it on our street-able cars. Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff W; April 6th, 2007 at 09:30 PM.

Hi Murff. Welcome! All flavors of Falcon are welcome here. I haven't seen him for awhile but there was a guy in Oak Harbor with a built up `64 with a 351W that will do a quarter mile in 12.5 secs @ 110. He usually goes by CoffinDodger.

So it doesn't sound like your `68 is street legal but drop by one of the shows this summer and say hi even if you can't bring it. Hope to see you around.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Murff Guest
    Here's a shot of my '68 leaving the line at Pacific Raceways on 4-7-07. This is a still taken from video, that's why it's a little grainy.

This is the cars 1st trip to the track, second pass. Ran a 12.30 at 106 mph. Should be able to tune it down to the low 11's by mid summer.

The scoop on the engine is the real deal btw. It's an Enderle mechanical fuel injection unit on a custom made sheet metal intake.

Murff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Murff; April 9th, 2007 at 09:39 PM.

sweeeet!!!!! we have gotta meet, i dont run my falcon on the strip though at least not yet.

Murff,

What's with the fan blade in front of the radiator? And for what it's worth, my 200 six would probably do 10's.

minutes, that is.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"