Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor coming out

Smokin' deal.

Wonder why it lasted so long before going. Knowing the way you drive and all...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Motor coming out

Good news and that is a very good price. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The motor is back and all fresh. 331cu.in. oh oh now I will need traction bars for the rearend. I just need to put it together and stuff it back in the car....jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having a deja vu moment...

I did (finally) dig out that flywheel again and it is 157 tooth and 10.5" bolt distance. It's yours if you want it. As for the crank pully, will have to dig out there again to see, but I have a couple of those too. Just not sure how many grooves they have.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Thanks man, I could come by at the end of the week. And does it run good yet?...jh

That'll work.

It runs, but have not been able to touch it since Saturday night. Needs some tweaking.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

It's coming along, oil pump on, cam in, chain and cover on, pan on and gasket sealer and silicone all over my hands I just don't care for gloves much...may put it back in on saturday if anyone wants to come for lunch..jh [ ps and help ]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been nursing a pulled rib since this last Saturday night, which has kept me away from mine since then. Gonna try and do some small things tonight - I hope - just to see if I can get it running correctly. But if I can make it - I'd return the favor. Might be worthless though. Be sure to post a day and time for others who may be able to come too.

You gonna throw all the bits on before dropping it in? Tranny too?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

A sore rib? was that from the car or from what I won't ask. no tranny on it just the motor straight down on the mounts it may take a half hour or so...jh

After Gene left Saturday went to dinner and when I got home I yanked myself up out of my G/F's Kia Optima and almost staggered to the ground in pain. On my driveways, especially the right one, it is always a challenge holding the door open against gravity and getting up from off the ground in this car... it's so low. Anyway, it has not been right since. Have a Chiro appointment tomorrow. Hope it goes back in. It's been a painful week to say the least.

Regardless, will see what we can do on Saturday if you are ready.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"