Thread: Ordering parts from FalconParts.com

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ordering parts from FalconParts.com

I am sure many of you order from Ron and Rosie at FalconParts.com, but in case you haven't in a while, and intend to, please make note of my recent experience.

I tried ordering my fuel gauge sending unit from them last night and had AVS (address verification system) errors. After calling the order in today, and finding out that even another card had problems, but was made to work by pushing the SE in my address in between the numbers - I thought I should send them a note. Rosie called me back and suggested calling the credit card company and Authorize.net. I tried the card issuer first who said everything was correct on their end.

So I tried again to order something from them and I still had failures and couldn't get the order to go through. So this time I called Authorize.net who handles the in-between parts of the ordering. After explaining it all to them they looked into the settings being used by FP.com and it appears to combining my 3 digit address with my numerical street name. The credit card authorization system could not (for a reason nobody can explain) parse these as a 3-digit street address followed by a 3-digit road name. It appears it tried to merge them into something it thought to be more logical - like 1261 43rd St. Or something. And denied the sale.

As I said, nobody can explain "exactly" what it was doing (computers doing it behind the scenes), but after trying a few things, the fix, for me, was to use the Address 1 and the Address 2 fields on their online ordering page. I divided the 126 from the 143rd St. this way - and everything was happy.

Hopefully this helps someone ordering from them. They're great folks to work with and I'd hate a computer system be responsible for them loosing sales.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 9th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"